[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: The new YouTube...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.youtube.com

What do you think of it?
Doesn't look that bad, in my opinion. Everyone will probably get used to it anyway. The time you've gotten used to it, YouTube will most likely look completely different again. I somewhat wish they would make subtle changes now and again instead of making one whopper of a change that many people won't like, e.g. this. But personally, I think it's bearable.
I've had the new layout for a few weeks now and I'm starting to get used to it.

I still hate how the "My subscriptions" page is not the default home page and how the site isn't aligned in the center of the screen.
I don't see why the visuals of websites like Facebook and YouTube can't be left alone. Just as you get used to one layout, they come along and move everything round again...

What I really don't like with a lot of visual tuning is how they make the page look more 'empty'. Everything is white or pale and it's harder to see exactly what you're after.

The new Gmail look was horrible, everything was too pale and I much preferred the older darker version.. it was just a bit easier to look at.
I dont like it as much as the previous design. I think its a bit too plain (white) and slightly messy to look at. And i miss the row above the video, with other videos by the uploader of the video you are watching.
Or that the title of the video is now below the video instead of above it.

No, this layout is horrible. They didn't even seem to center it now, wich already makes look things better than they really are. Now there's a bunch of recommended channels on the right, instead of random video's related to the most-watched "kind" of video.

I do however like the "suggestion" of video's, but again, NOT in the list of the video's made by the channels who you are subscribed to.

My opinion.. Give us atleast a button to use the old layout, just like on Gmail (and about Gmail, there is an option to make this smaller, wich makes it look like the old layout). At the end: why try to fix something that isn't broken?

(2012-12-07 16:57)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]The new Gmail look was horrible, everything was too pale and I much preferred the older darker version.. it was just a bit easier to look at.

How does Gmail look for you then? It doesn't look to bad for me.
Old was fine, why to chance it? -.-

Hate the new one.
(2012-12-07 17:00)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]And i miss the row above the video, with other videos by the uploader of the video you are watching.

That.

Also I wish you could set your own front page up so it would show exactly what you wanted every time.
Now every time I go to Youtube I have to click on "My subscriptions" and then "Uploads only" to see exactly what I want to see.
The other tabs are nice but I want to be able to default my Youtube to the subscription uploads.

I like how the video is to the left side now though, since I usually have MSN open next to the video and now I have more room for that without resizing the browser Laugh
Why chance? Guys from YT was bored Biggrin
I honestly don't like this layout. Its like Twitch.tv changing their layout. It seems like its now all about commercial revenue and promoting (not that it wasn't before but I could bear that). Frankly, its frustrating that they change the fact that people I were subscribed to were one click away. Now they're hidden away under all kinds of suggested videos and channels. If I wanted to watch another channel, I would search it once I've watched the videos I have chosen to watch.

Then again, the minimalistic look is alright. Its a bit too dull though..

Rant continues (Warning, this rant may be controversial. I cannot and nor does [TC] take responsibility for any offense caused.) Click at your own risk.

Also, what the hell is up with the page being aligned to the left ? I cant facepalm this new layout hard enough without putting my palm through my head and knocking the moon out of orbit.
I can't upload videos anymore. It's stuck at "Starting upload..."
The previous layout was way better than this. This one looks.. Old. Glare
The pure white takes away all 'warmth' from the page, and also hurts the eyes in prolonged viewing.

The homepage is not centered and whilst there is tonnes of space available, only about 40% of the page is content and the rest is just white space.

All of my subscriptions could have been fit in the scroll length of the page but instead they gave the subscription bar its own scroll bar (Which is stupidly hidden until you accidentally hover over it meaning some people will never find there subscriptions)

Generally just a mess.

Also they broke my you tube channel downloader so that really annoys me.
Tommer, search for Freemake Video Downloader.
Stylebot (Chrome addon) and my super awesome coding skills = Fixed YouTube layout (Click to View)
(2012-12-08 08:37)Fatteeh Wrote: [ -> ]
Stylebot (Chrome addon) and my super awesome coding skills = Fixed YouTube layout (Click to View)

giiief!!
(2012-12-08 09:39)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]giiief!!

http://whatisthis.fatteeh.com/youtubefix/
(yes, I have way too much free time)
Nice, mind if I share it? Will of course credit you. Wink
(2012-12-08 10:08)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]Nice, mind if I share it? Will of course credit you. Wink

Sure, go ahead Tongue
Nice work fatty Thumbup

Now get back working for me Biggrin
(2012-12-08 10:44)Roba Wrote: [ -> ]Now get back working for me Biggrin

Give me a raise and I'll think about it.. Biggrin
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's