[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: 6th Gen iPod Nano
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my dad got one of these for free from a work event, and in my opinion it is literally the greatest piece of technology from Apple ever (iPad 2 or Mini for exceptions). It's so light I can barely feel it, it plays videos and has an FM tuner! Personally I'm going to ditch my iPhone in February but may have to buy a nano. I use my iPhone when running but it falls out and shakes and hits the jewels while running lol. This one was awesome! The new apple headphones are ok but I have a pair for running.

Anyone else have one or know of any issues?
[Image: DC293364-7B20-48BB-ADED-06ED21E48672-970...D084B9.jpg]
[Image: 75FEFC13-E70C-4D71-8262-742495F33C7D-970...22CEC8.jpg]
It just looks like a smaller iPod Touch. I wish Apple would stop upgrading something every week.. it's all overlapping.

On a similar note.. 10 years ago we had mobile phones with mini cameras in them. Now we have digital cameras with mini phone-like capabilities.. Technology can pi55 me off sometimes.
My dad and I were talking we each had one of those original white iPod shuffles that were 512mb. That was seven years ago. Two years later I got an iPod Video that had 30gb capacity and couple play movies! This was more than the computer I was using at the time which had three interchangeable 10gb hard drives! Fast forward two more years and my sister got a second gen iPod Touch which had 8gb but was full touchscreen! Add one more year and I got my 32gb iPhone 4 and my 64gb 3G iPad 2! Then current day my sister has a 64gb iPad(3/4) with a high res display and a 64gb iPhone 5 my dad has a 16gb iPhone 4S and my dad got a 16gb iPod Nano as a gift from meeting! Its amazing how far the technology has come in the last 7 years! And unbelieavbly the coolest one of all of these is the Nano, it's lighter than the 512mb Shuffle that had no screen and only 6 buttons!

By the way I hate Apple, but they are the only company that made a good tablet at the time, and I got the iPhone as a gift. I'm buying a Samsung phone.
If you hate Apple, why use their products?
They make good products. They just make too many of them and charge OTT for them.
Main reason I hate them is the above reasons and they are too restrictive. Weight and function wise they do as needed but if they ran windows by gosh would that be awesome. Apple also practices obsoletism as well as over releases products. I have an iPhone 4 and as I said my dad and sister have the 4s and 5. I don't see enough difference to justify the upgrade for a device with no major new features? I only have an iPhone and iPad because they were gifts, and you don't throw out a $300 and $900 gift lol. The iPad is going tone overtaken by the windows tablets here soon and I can't wait to get one!
That's what Apple is, clean and simple yet great. If you don't like that then Apple is not for you.

And about the pricing, all brands are overpriced, the price difference between iPhones and similar phones from other brands isn't even that big.
Inevitable discussion about Apple Rolleyes

Apple products themselves are decent for the average user. They do what they say they do and do that well.

If you're a tinkerer, or a programmer or just someone who wants your phone to do a particular thing a tiny bit different you generally get a closed door to the face and hackers who break that door down tend to only get it open by a few cm if you know what i mean.

I don't like Apple ethos. Bullys. They make a lot of money and they know they can use it to bring people into court for the littlest stupid of things (remember the Apfelkind case anyone?) court cases aren't free and are damaging to new business.

To the new programmer they are the big 'bully' company, closed source, they charge for developer programs. Completely discouraging people from creating simple useful non-profit applications due to development costs.

There technology goes forwards, and backwards. The iPod got lighter ok, but it got bigger, less battery life, less space, for what? iOS touchscreen without phone and internet. Essentially useless. But people still buy this stuff because shiny and because they drill it into everyone head they're the best guys with propaganda Rolleyes and you know what? People suck it up and make them rich.
Tommer Wrote:If you're a tinkerer, or a programmer or just someone who wants your phone to do a particular thing a tiny bit different you generally get a closed door to the face and hackers who break that door down tend to only get it open by a few cm if you know what i mean.

What?
Quote:The iPod got lighter ok, but it got bigger, less battery life, less space, for what
on that point I haven't noticed any difference in battery life it's going on a week strong! It got longer by one row but it also got skinnier in depth. I think the main reason for the change was so it would be easier to watch videos, but who knows! Just wait til our phones are that size! Biggrin
(2012-12-12 20:15)Blade3562 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The iPod got lighter ok, but it got bigger, less battery life, less space, for what
on that point I haven't noticed any difference in battery life it's going on a week strong! It got longer by one row but it also got skinnier in depth. I think the main reason for the change was so it would be easier to watch videos, but who knows! Just wait til our phones are that size! Biggrin

Sorry I should have pointed out I was talking about the iPhone sized iPods Smile
(2012-12-12 15:47)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]Inevitable discussion about Apple Rolleyes

Apple products themselves are decent for the average user. They do what they say they do and do that well.

If you're a tinkerer, or a programmer or just someone who wants your phone to do a particular thing a tiny bit different you generally get a closed door to the face and hackers who break that door down tend to only get it open by a few cm if you know what i mean.

I don't like Apple ethos. Bullys. They make a lot of money and they know they can use it to bring people into court for the littlest stupid of things (remember the Apfelkind case anyone?) court cases aren't free and are damaging to new business.

To the new programmer they are the big 'bully' company, closed source, they charge for developer programs. Completely discouraging people from creating simple useful non-profit applications due to development costs.

There technology goes forwards, and backwards. The iPod got lighter ok, but it got bigger, less battery life, less space, for what? iOS touchscreen without phone and internet. Essentially useless. But people still buy this stuff because shiny and because they drill it into everyone head they're the best guys with propaganda Rolleyes and you know what? People suck it up and make them rich.

Jailbreak does anything you want to personalize. Obviously programmers rather have Android cause it's open source right?

As for the bullying, I don't like that either. They abuse their power of leading the market, but from their perspective it's what any company would do. And honestly, they're not the only one doing it, it'd be ignorant to say that.
Reference URL's