[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Graphics card or drivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've had my pc on today for about 5-6hours and its been fine, been playing games without a problem and I haven't noticed anything weird. Then I loaded up a game and my graphics card either crashed or the drivers crash, this happens once/twice every 2weeks or so. What I tend to do is just turn my pc off for 10minutes, switch it back on and its fine and it wont happen again. But this time I've got weird lines all over my screen and I've got no idea whats going on, I've rebooted twice, left my pc off for a hour and tried it but its still the same. When I boot my pc up I get weird green boxes on my screen and when my pc is fully booted up I have green lines on my screen. I got no idea if my graphics card is dying or if its just the drivers being faulty. My pc is booting up normally but I'm just getting these weird lines on my screen.

My graphics card is a Nvidia 9800GT and I've had it since 2007, only started to have the weird drivers crashing since June/July this year. Any help would be appreciated.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduc...ubcat=2379

I can get you some charts if you want.
I would rather try and find out whats going on with this graphics card, whenever I try and open Nvidia control panel I'm getting a error saying "You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU."

EDIT: I've reinstalled the graphic drivers and nothing has changed, I've also tried different drivers but still the same. Here's a picture of the error message I get and the weird lines I have on my screen.

[Image: 11460066.jpg]
Try : "Run As Admin"
Try removing the card, then put the card back in.

/AT&T
If that won't fix it, then get a new GPU. That 9800GT is old.
Ya I figured, will get the GTX 660 on Friday. Cheers for the help anyway guys Smile
Good choice!
Reference URL's