[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Entire PC Hangs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title suggests, I'm having this issue where, randomly, it can be anything from 10 hours between to 20 minutes, the PC Just.. Hangs.

By Hangs I mean, Sound Stops, Cursor Stops, all movement on the screen, stops and the PC appears to be doing literally, nothing. I've not yet linked a program to the cause but I've reason to suspect that it could be an issue of the Power Supply since I've changed other components on the PC including the graphics card and processor and thus it would most likely now draw more power, could this be a cause for a total hang?
one way to test if it's hardware related is to try running another OS, like an Ubuntu Livedisc or something.
Probably your hard drive or ram. Try starting with just one stick of ram.
If your problem persits, try a Linux live distro as Zipppy suggests, or maybe another hard drive.
To be honest, Cola, Tommer can better try it the other way around, so he knows where to look.

First check if the computer crashes on a live-cd of Linux, if not, something is wrong in your windows. If it does, read Cola's post.
When it hangs next, try unplugging all stuff from USB.
I remember back when my windows XP machine hung every few minutes/hours. A reformat fixed the issue.

A quick OS you can use to test is Android x86, and it has a Livedisk feature, but you cannot see any Harddrives.

http://www.android-x86.org/download
I'm not sure if any of them work on a desktop, but they work with my ASUS T91MT Netbook.
Reference URL's