[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Cannot connect to my LFS Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm trying to play some LFS with a friend of mine, but he can only access my host once in 10 times, and when he finally gets on the host, he times out after 30 seconds.

I'm hosting the server directly from in-game, and my settings are as these.
I have already opened port 63392 on my router.

[Image: 0Oh67.jpg]

Any ideas?
Ask me if you need more info. I'm not completely known on networking.
Ok, we're still experiencing this issue, none of us has got any idea of how we can fix it.
Did you forward the ports on your router as both TCP & UDP? This solves most server connectivity issues.

If that doesn't fix the issue, lower values of the following on the 'Start new host' setup page:

- Max Guests: 3-5
- Admin Slots: 0
- Max real+ai in race: Same as max guests
- Max real+ai guest: 1
- Max real+ai host: 1

The final question (Which should've been my first question). A) Are the people who are trying to connect at your house or are they elsewhere? If they're in your house, they'll need to try and connect using your IP, not the host name. B) Are the people actually getting onto the server or is it timing out before they physically connect? If they're timing out before they physically connect then this is a networking issue.
Thanks for answering. Smile

As far as I know, both TCP and UDP ports are forwarded. (Or however its said, you get the point)

A: Nope, we aren't in the same house nor network.
B: Yes, they can get onto the server, (X is connecting to server) and they do show up as on the server, but the UDP display in the connections list just starts counting to 20-30 and then he gets DC'ed.

Okay, must be something with the port forwarding, as the settings you posted didn't do it. :/
Okay, I just checked the settings on the router. Both TCP and UDP are open.

Could it be a problem from my friends side? When he tries to connect to the host, he gets Client connect: Connect failed.
He tried setting up a host as well, when I tried to connect, I got the same error.

--

One thing I noticed in the router settings, was that I could check both "Portudløsning" which translates to Port triggering/release OR I could check "Port videresendelse" which translates to port forwarding.
The settings we have set, are both checked to Port triggering/release, should it be forwarding instead?

If it's for any good, I've got a Netgear WNDR3700 router.
It should be forwarding.
I tried having it both forwarding and triggering/releasing, but it still doesn't work. However I can join my friend with his server running now, as he forwarded the ports with no problems. Still got the same problem here though. :/
Is the port open in your firewall too?
(2013-01-13 09:15)Fatteeh Wrote: [ -> ]Is the port open in your firewall too?

I'm not sure, but I have prevented my firewall from blocking the connection. Anything else to do with the firewall?
Try turning it off and see if the server works
Reference URL's