[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Help me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Title says it, I need help with my CPU, again. I turned it off last nite and now it won't turn on. It has power and wants to turn on but won't, I checked all the wires. Anyone know why it won't turn on?
Typing Smile

If you open the case, do you smell something (a.k.a. the awesome smell of burned plastic)?

* Detach the hardware
- Harddrive(s)
- CD/DVD/Bluray/.. players
- Graphiccard (just make sure that it isnt connected to the motherboard. Don't forget to pull the little cable to, otherwise you'll fry the graphiccard.

* You can leave the RAM in place, and the same for the CPU/cooler of it.

Can you, after you've detached nearly everything, test if the computer will turn on? Incase not: try to find a powersupply, to test if the powersupply is fried or not.

If a second (working) powersupply is connected, and it still wont turn on.. Then it could be the mainboard.
Didn't smell anything. So your telling me If It Isn't any of what you said Its my mobo?
If, after the detaching, and switching powersupply, it still won't startup, its the mainboard.

Because, if the mainboard is working, then it will attempt a boot, but either starts to beep, or simply give an error message, or end up in a loop loading the POST-screen. (Thats the screen where you see the speed of your CPU, brand of the BIOS, etc..) If another piece of hardware is not working properly.
What it does is, tries to boot up, then doesn't. I get a blank screen and anything plugged in (mouse, kb, speakers, etc) doesn't work either.
Alright, could be alot more simple than I expected.

- Clear the bios: There is a little battery on your mainboard, providing your BIOS from power (even when your PC is turned off) so it won't lose its settings, and your time and date settings. If you can, carefully, pull the battery out for +- 5 minutes, and then put it back into the little socket.

Then try to boot the computer again.

NOTE: Disconnect the power-cable and be careful with static-electricity.
Try to boot it w/o the battery in it?
Take it out, wait, put it back, then boot.

Won't really mind though. You'll just lose your time/date everytime when you turn off your computer W00t
Alright Johan, I tried what you told me to do and it's still doing the same thing. It tries to boot up but doesn't.
(2011-11-03 15:42)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]Typing Smile

If you open the case, do you smell something (a.k.a. the awesome smell of burned plastic)?

* Detach the hardware
- Harddrive(s)
- CD/DVD/Bluray/.. players
- Graphiccard (just make sure that it isnt connected to the motherboard. Don't forget to pull the little cable to, otherwise you'll fry the graphiccard.

* You can leave the RAM in place, and the same for the CPU/cooler of it.

Can you, after you've detached nearly everything, test if the computer will turn on? Incase not: try to find a powersupply, to test if the powersupply is fried or not.

If a second (working) powersupply is connected, and it still wont turn on.. Then it could be the mainboard.

Can you try that?
You want me to take everything out?
(2011-11-18 04:19)Stunna Wrote: [ -> ]You want me to take everything out?

Well, I dont think that he means that you have to get everything out of your case, just unplug the calbles that connect you HDD's and stuff to your motherboard.
Indeed, just unplugg the cables. You might have to take out the graphiccard though.
Once this is done, reconnect them or what am I doing here?

ED: I disconnected a couple of wires and reconnected them and it turned on. WEIRD...
You disconnect the harddrive, CD/DVD/Bluray drives, and other hardware. Then try to boot the computer. Without the harddrive, the BIOS will prompt something like "System not found, press CTRL + ALT + DEL to reboot". If thats the case, try connecting every piece of hardware one by one, untill it stops booting. Then the latest connected piece of hardware isnt working properly, causing the PC not to boot.

Just curious, does the computer even show a SPLASH or POST screen? (i.e. Logo from the mainboard or BIOS manufacturer)
When it has problems, no, its a blank screen.
Then my thoughts are going to a dead mainboard Sad
Mainboard = Mobo? Ifso Then how is the computer on right now.
Motherboard = Mobo.
(2011-11-19 16:42)Stunna Wrote: [ -> ]Mainboard = Mobo? Ifso Then how is the computer on right now.

Define: On, please?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's