[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: iTunes Home Sharing not working on iPhone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I got an Apple TV for Christmas and discovered the wonderful world of home sharing, but it won't work on my iPhone running iOS5.1.1 but runs on all our other iDevices. (iPad 3 iOS 6, iPad 2 iOS 5.1.1, laptops and desktops), but only not my iPhone! What the heck apple!

Thanks for any help gents.
Did you check Google for answers?

A simple search gave me this: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2972
If you are still struggling, I got an apple tv for my birthday, first make sure your computer is authorised to your apple account, then make sure on the preferences window > Sharing That you are sharing to your network then settings as you want them, make sure that you are logging in the same account for home sharing on both devices. Let me know how this goes!

EDIT:
Go in settings, videos, have you logged into your account there? Be aware you cant project your screen of iphone to apple tv
So I think I solved it, somehow the computer fell into hibernation instead of sleep, or vise-versa, which disconnected the iTunes home sharing. While the iPad and Apple tv were already connected and streaming, the iPhone was not and could not locate anything. Working great currently. We will see what happens!
Reference URL's