[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Ethernet port
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I think my Ethernet port just went. I was having Internet outages for one or two days and now it's not working at all, not even the green light on back of my PC but the other two pcs that are hooked up to the router are working and have Internet but mine doesn't. Anyone have a suggestions?
reinstall network drivers?
you got a dedicated network-card or using the mainboard-port?
Mainboard. How can I reinstall it with no inet?

Edit; should I just buy a dedicated network card?
usually u get a cd with the drivers when buying a mainboard/pc. else also a dedicated network card could fix the problem, but also could create costs which are not needed, i've got a night with no sleep here, so at least a second opinion would be good Smile
(2013-02-01 03:20)Stunna Wrote: [ -> ]Mainboard. How can I reinstall it with no inet?

Edit; should I just buy a dedicated network card?

Got a USB memory stick? Download drivers off another computer with Internet and copy them over. You're welcome Biggrin
Some suggestions
1. Connect to a different port on the router
2. Use a different cable
3. Check the jacks for dust

Btw. The green light (link) comes directly from the hardware, so it does rely on any kind of operating system or drivers. As long the board got power and the cable is connected, it should show green.
Bad Ethernet cable. Thank you for helping me. Smile
Reference URL's