[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: 2600 vs 2600k
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

As some of you know I bought a new PC, Aint put it togeather tho, its all sitting in the box.

Im tempted to take the CPU back and tell them I asked for a K and pay the difference. I bought my Parts from J&W Computers(jw.com.au) and their prices for the 2600K are $398 and their 2600 are about $320. Is it worth the money for the 'K' edition in your opinions? (Im looking to the future here).

I noticed on pccasegear.com their 2600k is only $335 now tho.
The k has the unlocked multi and hd3000 graphics, while the 2600 has hd2000 and not overclockable (locked multi).
I understood that, but I was wondering how worth it, it would be.

Maybe I should just take the CPU back and exchange it for the K version...
depends on whether you want to oc or not. if you do take it back and get the k.

edit: iPhone kb fail
You bought a 6950 right? Well the IGP will not matter to you at all, so it's only a matter of whether you want to overclock at once. The stock clocks of the 2600 is very fast actually, though the K version gives you the peace of mind that you can maximize performance out of the chip at either an immediate or later time.
I got the 6970,

I was thinking that I proberly wouldnt OC straight away and wait until I need the extra speeds, thus extending the CPU life more. Besides what game now days will max out 4 cores at 3.4/3.8?

Ill properly take it back If i can OR sell it for the price I bought it for and buy the OC able one Smile
Ok. Don't forget that even at stock clocks the 2600k is really fast and would max out any games easily.

Enjoy your new purchase. Smile
(2011-11-09 04:16)Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Besides what game now days will max out 4 cores at 3.4/3.8?

GTAIV Tongue
(2011-11-09 15:22)Elmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-09 04:16)Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Besides what game now days will max out 4 cores at 3.4/3.8?

GTAIV Tongue

Arma 2?
Yea, taking it back Smile
Reference URL's