[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Asus G60JX upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So turns out my G60JX is actually getting outdated and hitting the 4 year mark, but I don't really want to buy a new laptop. Turns out I only have 4gb of ram unlike the 6gb I thought I had! But reading online it sounds like I can only run 8gb of ram max with the i5 M430? Should I attempt the 16gb upgrade? It will only use 8gb of it though, or should i just go out and buy a new tower or laptop? I love this thing to death, but that was disheartening! And I need more ram to model on my 51inch or it really begins to bog down, no real work-around.

If the path is a new pc, should I go balls out with a top of the line Asus or go with a lower level pc and upgrade it? And should I go desktop or laptop. I definately wouldn't get rid of the G60 as it still plays every game on very high graphics

My first EVER BSOD since windows 3.0 or 4.0!
[Image: 882411_10151813712966562_891440466_o.jpg]

Sounds like G skill is the way to go? There 16gb kit is $125 which isn't too bad. Turns out the G60JX uses the same ram sticks as Apple lol.

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=458
If you plan on getting a new PC I'd go for a tower PC. Maybe getting the components yourself and building it up will be better than starting cheap and upgrading.
If you're getting a laptop, get something high-end, the average user doesn't need more than 8 GB at worser times.
Reference URL's