[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Internet problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since yesterday morning, I've been having trouble with my internet connection.

Most websites are loaded normally, though sometimes it won't load it properly until I refresh the page.
Streams on Twitch.tv are laggy, in the way of pausing the stream, then playing the missed time sped up and getting back to live. This happens (it seems) randomly, but on every stream.
Microsoft Security Essentials couldn't update due to 'a problem with the internet connection'.
League of Legends will let me log in, but after maybe 1 or 2 minutes, I lose connection to their servers after which I can no longer chat or queue.

I am connected to my router through a cable. The router has wireless, but nobody is 'stealing' my internet.
Restarting my router and PC internet connection didn't solve the problem.
Speedtest.net result on the bottom of this post.
Network usage in task manager shows 0-1%.
The Housecall virus scan showed no threats.

Anyone who can help me out here?

[Image: 2685362447.png]
Have you tried to restart the router?

Checked the cable is 100% in your pc?

Because the upload on me was 4-5 mb/s before, and i got lot off lost connection, after router restart its much bether and i get this:
[Image: 2685874613.png]
All I've to contributed to this thread: you're all so lucky with your internet speeds. ='(

*posts with my 0.5mb/s download speed*
I had similar problems myself a while ago. Turned out my modem was broken.

You should try contacting your ISP. They'll probably provide the best support.
(2013-05-03 18:17)Adrian2k Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried to restart the router?

Checked the cable is 100% in your pc?

Because the upload on me was 4-5 mb/s before, and i got lot off lost connection, after router restart its much bether and i get this:
[Image: 2685874613.png]

Maybe read my post again:

Quote:Restarting my router and PC internet connection didn't solve the problem.
Have even checked if my cable was a bit broken somewhere, didn't find anything.
I'll contact my ISP later. Smile
Try a new cable. You get them for next to nothing and wouldn't hurt to have a spare lying around.
That's my 2 cents Smile
(2013-05-04 07:53)ChrisM Wrote: [ -> ]Try a new cable. You get them for next to nothing and wouldn't hurt to have a spare lying around.
That's my 2 cents Smile

Its cost 2 cent?!

Here in Norway the normal its cost 50,-NOK for 1,8 meter. That its 6,50€
"Thats my 2 cents" is a figure of speach of saying "this is my contribution".
(2013-05-04 16:25)Adrian2k Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-04 07:53)ChrisM Wrote: [ -> ]Try a new cable. You get them for next to nothing and wouldn't hurt to have a spare lying around.
That's my 2 cents Smile

Its cost 2 cent?!

Here in Norway the normal its cost 50,-NOK for 1,8 meter. That its 6,50€

[Image: Facepalm_9a08b9_59080.jpg]
Id recommend trying a http://www.pingtest.net seeing if there's any Packet loss. This will help narrow down a few things.
[Image: 80793959.png]

Hmm, nope Tongue
Is it just on your computer or are there other computers in the household with the same problem?
Only have one computer, but it doesn't seem to happen on my iPhone.
who's your internet provider?
(2013-05-06 08:47)Vincent Wrote: [ -> ]who's your internet provider?
Ziggo ?
hehe, oops, could have seen than on my own.. ziggo got some problems on some places, maybe you need to call them.
just a quick question about internet problems, as i have lagged/ others bounce around a little when on lfs, whats the worst ping, jitter, upload/download speed that is playable on lfs without people lagging etc? so is it my connection thats pants??
[Image: 80844968.png]
[Image: 2691124537.png]
140ms within 200 miles? That's dial-up latency...

Anywho, on the whole, jitter is the most important factor in LFS, but even more so with high latency.
I've not yet observed the new LFS netcode at high latency in detail, but on the whole, a stable connection from Australia (~350ms) is just about OK, provided the jitter is small and you're not making especially violent changes of direction. It can be pretty bad if you're rubbing with someone else with such a high ping though.
High jitter (>30-40ms) can cause problems with low pings, >60ms jitter or so causes flying cars if you're not careful.

>50ms ping UK to a UK server and there's probably something wrong with your connection. A normal ADSL connection should normally expect Heart5, maybe slightly higher at longer distances. (pingtest didn't used to be very accurate; my numbers are from a proper command prompt ping)
I used to be able to race online fine on my old laptop (poor specs and getting 50fps) but with my new computer its getting 200fps but really bad Sad is it a configuration on my computer?

EDIT
May have just been the server as everyone just timed out :/
My connection is really irritating me know, and still haven't got to the bottom of it Sad
When I am on lfs my UDP (on the list of names) is about 40/50, then it keeps jumping to around 700 and my fps drop and everyone lags Sad
Could it be my computers setup incorrectly or there are settings that can be adjusted? As my old laptop didnt do this, and my brothers computer (indentical) is also doing the same thing!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's