[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, have a choice to make as follows:

Option 1 : 70" HD LED-LCD (Not 3D)
http://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-lcd-led-plas...sku-78716/

Option 2 : 60" HD LED-LCD (3D)
http://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-lcd-led-plas...sku-90399/

Got 2 days before I buy so figured I'd ask on here for opinions. I really want 3D but don't know if its worth sacrificing 10" of screen. Before the silly questions start, I have a big lounge room, so a small tv will look stupid with the the distance the couch will be away.

Option 3: Isn't an option, it's a 80" HD LED 3D Smart TV, and out of my budget at $7999.

The price between option 1 and 2 isn't important. Checked all the main sellers and narrowed it down to those 2. Don't like the idea of buying a TV off eBay. Opinions anyone?
I have a 45-50" (I forget) Non 3D Sharp LED-LCD TV similar to those, I like the image quality.

3D is probably not worth it, It's a bit too gimmicky imo, and you usually either get a headache, or have to wear special glasses, which are usually expensive (depends on what brand of TV, as they all use different ways). But still, you will still save money with the 3D one right off the bat though.
Alright, well as always I'll wait for some more comments. Thanks for the opinion Smile Yea, not sure if I like the idea of wearing glasses all the time either.
Will you have foxtel or something to hook up to one of those? because the 3D one only has an SD tuner and that will soon be as pointless as tits on a bull unless you shell out to get a HD tuner/DVR or something that has a tuner.
I'd go for the non 3D one as well, I don't really see a reason to get a 3D TV, as Zipppy said.
(2013-05-09 09:40)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]Will you have foxtel or something to hook up to one of those? because the 3D one only has an SD tuner and that will soon be as pointless as tits on a bull unless you shell out to get a HD tuner/DVR or something that has a tuner.

Wasn't planning on getting foxtel straight away. Yea, just checked that, you're right. Well pointed out, I would never have guessed that, thanks mateSmile Tv is just for the xbox i bought just for forza 4 and hd movies. Gonna drop maybe 1200 on a good surround sound setup too.

Ty Roba, opinion noted. Smile
My dad has a 3D TV and a Blu-Ray which can convert any movie into 3D.
It's amazing, and I love watching movies on it.

Though, just as with the cinema, I prefer normal 2D movies. There isn't that much of a difference, unless it's IMAX 3D. It's all personal preference. Though if you're just buying a tv for the xbox and hd movies, go for the non-3D one Tongue
Get a plasma TV from Panasonic. Great picture and great colors, especially for movies.
And regarding the 3D, it's up to you. I personally would never ever buy anything with 3D, but that's another matter.
Go to an electronics store, and try all the TV's, and find what suits you the best. Also make sure to read/watch lots of reviews online! They generally will give you a good picture of what you're about to buy.
(2013-05-09 11:29)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]Go to an electronics store, and try all the TV's, and find what suits you the best.

This is especially true for choosing TV's, a good store has a lot of models on display/can connect one up easily so you can try it.
Reference URL's