[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Antivirus Software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everybody's favorite topic here. So, my Norton expires in 5 days or so and my bank is offering a free trial on McAfee Internet security or Webroot SecureAnywhere.
I don't need fancy crap, just something to keep my downloads clean. Pay or no pay, doesn't matter.

Recommend something else? Please post your opinions, preferably with reasons Smile Thank you
I'm using Microsoft security essentials and spybot S&D.
Microsoft Security Essentials. Never had a problem since l emigrated from AVG. Wink
I'm using Avira, aaand I would recommend Comodo.
I preconise AVG Free antivirus, I used it on 5 of my 8 pc, I never had a problem with it~
(2013-05-23 15:04)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Avira, aaand I would recommend Comodo.

Do you have a proper link for Comodo?
I've found one here, but I have no idea which one to download in the immense list of programs on their site...
This is the latest version of the one I use - it's pretty neat.

http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-secu...curity.php
If it should be free, MSE sounds good
I'd recommend Kaspersky tho, it might not be the cheapest but gives a pretty good level of security online, needless to say i never had the slightest problem with it
AVG Free
I use AVG Free Edition, I like it because it doesn't nag at me.
Microsoft essential is the way to go Smile It's free and easy to use, and it does a good job at keeping the viruses away Smile
I'd recommend either avast! or Microsoft Security Essentials. Used these two the last 4 years, has detected several virusses, which AVG didn't find before I changed.
I use avast! I find it to be the least annoying one Biggrin still does a good job aswell.
MS Security Essentials, or Comodo if you want control.

AVG, McAffee and Norton have all been known to delete required system files on multiple occasions, usually requiring complex fixes to boot the PC again.
Been using Norton 360 for years without problems with it. It runs itself pretty much, but you can have a little control over it if you want to.

Though I'm not going to pay so much of it anymore, I'm starting to use Comodo, seems pretty good.
Yeah I don't really let my antivirus do anything so it's kinda pointless. And Comodo firewall usually keeps everything out anyway.
Reference URL's