[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unban Request: MattsterGT (Unban Request Denied by BoyPower)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username:MattsterGT

● Time & Date of Incident: 26/5/13 approx 14:30

● Replay / Screenshot Link: n/a
● Replay Timestamps: n/a

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban: I basically said to the guy who had just rammed me "what relation are your parents? brother and sister?" which, in retrospect was a rather stupid comment. BP then reminded me that I had been kicked for such a comment before.

I actually did look back and think "wow, did I really just say that?"; so I did pretty much apologize to BP and then to the guy I said it to, just after he accepted my apology I got banned.

I got banned for 10 days. Basically until I'm back at school; this pretty much ruins what I was going to do over half term. I regret the incident sincerly and feel that I should probably send him some money by means of a proper apology as that was a bit stupid on my part.

I am not requesting an unban but requesting that the ban is lowered to 24 hours; so I can spend the rest of my half term being far less angry.

I hope you consider this, as for me and my team mate this has effectively stuffed as far as the plans for the week goes.

Please lower my ban, I will apologize by any means and, as I have 22k on my account, I will send him 11; just to make sure he knows that I am sorry.

-FakeDeath
A few things to note.

You've had a whopping 14 URS entries since 2013-03-31. This isn't including your ban today. I already kicked you for an incest comment on the 2013-04-07 - you didn't learn from it. The fact the user you insulted accepted your apology, I feel is irrelevant. Your record is incessantly growing and I'm surprised you're so relaxed with the rules considering your record. 10 days seems a very reasonable amount for you.

NOTE: you weren't rammed, you overtook someone in a corner, it's hardly surprising you got hit.
14 URS Entries that I wasn't made aware of?

Kind of unfair.

I realize that the comment was unfair but I genuinely do regret the incident. I'm not relaxed with the Rules BP, I will happily follow them it was just sheerly the fact that I only just had the 'wheel off center' fault with my G27.

10 days seems harsh to me, despite my record.

But 14 entries in the last 2 months is 7 per month or 1.75 a week. The words "second chance" probably have no effect seeing my record around 3-4 years ago (when I was genuinely a moron) but if you let me show that I am sorry, personally, on the server I feel that I can show myself as a reformed gamer.

I regret the incident and I am asking if somebody independent to either of us could come and look at this from a 3rd person view; as we are both biased.

As for overtaking somebody in the corner? I assumed, as he had just span, that I could get around him but I swear he drove into me as I left him bags of room to get through from my perspective, however if you know different; could you please upload the replay for me (as mine was lost) just so I can take a look at it.

-FakeDeath

Forget the replay upload...Just found it.
(2013-05-26 13:59)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]14 URS Entries that I wasn't made aware of?
Kind of unfair.

Not unfair. You're, most of the time, not explicitly told "You have got a URS entry". But, I'll tell you that you had kicks, swearing fines, a few warnings.

(2013-05-26 13:59)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]I realize that the comment was unfair but I genuinely do regret the incident. I'm not relaxed with the Rules BP, I will happily follow them it was just sheerly the fact that I only just had the 'wheel off center' fault with my G27.

You are very relaxed with the rules, hence 14 entries since late March.

(2013-05-26 13:59)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]10 days seems harsh to me, despite my record.
I think you got a lucky escape.

(2013-05-26 13:59)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]But 14 entries in the last 2 months is 7 per month or 1.75 a week. The words "second chance" probably have no effect seeing my record around 3-4 years ago (when I was genuinely a moron) but if you let me show that I am sorry, personally, on the server I feel that I can show myself as a reformed gamer.

You've had fourteen entries since late March. You're not a reformed gamer. You should really have better behaviour for someone who's been effectively permanently banned.

(2013-05-26 13:59)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]I regret the incident and I am asking if somebody independent to either of us could come and look at this from a 3rd person view; as we are both biased.

Since it's my ban, I'll be dealing with it. If you think it's all unfair (which you clearly do), feel free to make an appeal, though, it may not be worth it for a mere ten days, though it's up to you.

(2013-05-26 13:59)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]As for overtaking somebody in the corner? I assumed, as he had just span, that I could get around him but I swear he drove into me as I left him bags of room to get through from my perspective, however if you know different; could you please upload the replay for me (as mine was lost) just so I can take a look at it.

I do have a replay, and I'll post it later. I don't want to upload it now because another member of my family is using the computer and requires a low ping. EDIT: Ah, you've found it. Nevermind then.
I should probably point out that at least one of those warnings was telling me what the password to the training server was (ask Sinico) and the swearing was mainly quoting others and 1 kick? From you?

But whatever, if you're the boss, I won't say anything else; I just felt that it was unfair.
(2013-05-26 14:15)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]I should probably point out that at least one of those warnings was telling me what the password to the training server was (ask Sinico) and the swearing was mainly quoting others and 1 kick? From you?

But whatever, if you're the boss, I won't say anything else; I just felt that it was unfair.

The warning from Sinoco was removed from your record. And no, it was not just me who kicked you. And IF the swearing fines are from quoting others (that is up to debate anyway), well you're still swearing.

Your ban was absolutely fair.
(2013-05-26 13:59)fakedeath Wrote: [ -> ]14 URS Entries that I wasn't made aware of?

Kind of unfair.

I regret the incident and I am asking if somebody independent to either of us could come and look at this from a 3rd person view; as we are both biased.

-FakeDeath

As you asked for someone who wasn't involved to post here and BoyPower asked me to post, as far as I can tell you've been fully aware of the 14 URS entries from what I can see, the swearing fines you've received I fail to see any of them leading to you "quoting" someone and considering you've already been warned for this sort of thing. The ban you received was actually very kind, if it was up to me I would've banned you for at least a month.
If you believe this is unfair, please make an appeal: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26

Request denied.

Unban Request Denied
Reference URL's