[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: ATI 6970
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I finished of my new pc build!!! Biggrin

I have one slight issue tho, when doing a benchmark test, or playing battlefield 3 at all ultra, My GPU temps can go up too 80+ Degress celcius... Anyone got a clue?
Do you have 2 cards? Or just 1?

Can you check if the fan is working on the card, and if the airflow in your case is fine?
The fans working fine, I can manually adjust it too 100% and it sounds like a Jet taking off, Its a sapphire card with a blower fan, as seen here http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation...1018&lid=1

Airflow in the case is fine, CPU runs a watercooler so it cant be caused by excess heat, I ran the fan at 45% fixed (As high as i can stand, the noise blends in with the case fans) it hardly went past 80 unless it gave it a uber burn it...

Im just wondering if the blower style fan is the cause of this?

My case is a HAF X, CPU cooler is a H80 on the back blowing air in, altho the 2 top exhaust fans have been changed to high performance 200mm fans which move 78(whatever the value is)

CPU never goes above 50 degrees either. So its not the room temp or anything, Should I send the card back and get a gigabyte one or something?
Maybe that's just normal?
Thats what I was kinda wondering, but I dont want to put it you know, Abit expensive to see burn infront of me Unsure

It idles at 44 as well -.-
Well, Paul(w95) his Crossfire 6870's get easely on 70~80 degrees to. My own (older) 9800GTx+ (Nvidia) gets the same temps on Minecraft (imagine on BF3 o.o).

Seeing that the temp. is pretty normal though. So I'd say, your save, untill your seeing weird stripes/spots/w.e. on the screen due to the temperature.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3735/sa...dex15.html

People also say that the card should still operate on 100 degrees celcius. So as long as it doesnt go higher then that, your fine.
(2011-11-13 11:51)Knight Wrote: [ -> ]My case is a HAF X, CPU cooler is a H80 on the back blowing air in

Turn it around so it blows out and see what that does.
80 isn't worthy of an RMA, but is a little high. I'd suggest you adjust the fan profile to be a little more aggressive. I personally use MSI afterburner but there's plenty of other programs that will allow you to do this.
(2011-11-13 12:15)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-11-13 11:51)Knight Wrote: [ -> ]My case is a HAF X, CPU cooler is a H80 on the back blowing air in

Turn it around so it blows out and see what that does.
This.
All that fan will be doing is sucking hot air from your PSU and GPU back into the case.

As a general rule:
Fans on the front and side blow in.
Fans on the top and rear blow out.
Its a watercooler, it needs to do that.

PSU is at the bottom, and i have 2x 200mm fans on the top blowing air out.
dw, my 480 gtx went up to 90 Âșc.

You should try MSI afterburner and do a fan profile. That will cool your gfx ALOT
Yea, I put it up too about 45% which is just high enough to lower the temps alot but not get loud.

It sounds like a plane taking off then its up higher, im not joking either, its like taking a peice of metal pipe and sawing it, thats not even loud enough...
(2011-11-13 19:42)Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, I put it up too about 45% which is just high enough to lower the temps alot but not get loud.

It sounds like a plane taking off then its up higher, im not joking either, its like taking a peice of metal pipe and sawing it, thats not even loud enough...
Thats why I did this to my sli
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...hlight=SLI
Good idea, I might try something later or even put a custom watercooler on it.

My case will be full of RADs soon Tongue

I was considering to Crossfire 2 cards, but after my issues ive had proberly not. Nvidia 4 life... Smile
(2011-11-13 22:05)Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Good idea, I might try something later or even put a custom watercooler on it.

My case will be full of RADs soon Tongue

I was considering to Crossfire 2 cards, but after my issues ive had proberly not. Nvidia 4 life... Smile

I wouldnt go for a watercooled system. Why dont you put an Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME Plus II?

That would do great Wink
Because my case is as noisey as hell, got 3x 200mm high performance fans, they make like 20.3 db

Loud enough when you add the Corsair H80's fans, and then the GPU roaring along... Unsure
Reference URL's