[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: [TC] Radio DJ Recruitment (Closed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking to apply in 2019? You can do so by going >here<.

Old Application Information (Click to View)

Thank you
Radio leaders
Just out of interest, if anyone wanting to apply is wondering about the number of listeners that we're getting, i'm posting a graph of today's show. It is possible to get more than that, but it of course, it depends on the genre that is being played, whether the song requests are opened and time of the day.

[Image: 2wYuUuZ.jpg]

[Image: 7jmuQqG.jpg]
Max i've had was 24 and i was doing a giveaway and it was a sunday so its possible!
Everyone tuned in for the giveaway Smile

I'd still DJ because I like doing it, but y'know.
To all that has sent me an application or are planning to please for the time being send all applications to [TC] Brad as i am without internet for a while.

Thanks
Jedi
To any that apply to be a dj please send the application to either [TC] Ras or [TC] Brad. I currently do not have internet other than my phone and cannot accept all that has sent their applications to me.

Dj Jedi.
Hi! I'm interested in becoming a DJ. My question though is, where do i stream the music from? Do i have to own the song or can i stream from Spotify for example?
(2014-02-05 20:40)Polestar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I'm interested in becoming a DJ. My question though is, where do i stream the music from? Do i have to own the song or can i stream from Spotify for example?

There is the ability to stream from Spotify (through Stereo Mix then broadcasting through SAM or suchlike) but I don't know if they'll have something in their terms in regard to streaming music for radio stations.
(2014-02-05 21:07)DanielP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-05 20:40)Polestar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I'm interested in becoming a DJ. My question though is, where do i stream the music from? Do i have to own the song or can i stream from Spotify for example?

There is the ability to stream from Spotify (through Stereo Mix then broadcasting through SAM or suchlike) but I don't know if they'll have something in their terms in regard to streaming music for radio stations.

What do DJ's use most often?
I've used Virtual DJ, SAM Broadcaster and winamp.

They all work good, but it depends on what you like.
If you like to mix, I suggest to use Virtual DJ.
If you want to have some query and some other options, such as 2 decks and a microphone, use SAM Broadcaster.
If you just want to play songs and nothing else special, use winamp.

It's up to you, and there are probably many more streaming programs

Some screens
I personally much prefer SAM Broadcaster
Ok. But where do you get your music from?
(2014-02-06 06:11)Polestar Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. But where do you get your music from?

I'm using Winamp, you can either download an .mp3 file of the song or paste the URL of the .mp3 file (Doesn't work like pasting the YouTube link).
I use Virtual DJ, easy to use (and it can have up to 4 decks, fyi).
I will post a guide soon how to use Spotify. It only works if you use Spotify Premium though, otherwise you'll broadcast commercials too.
Thanks Weelob,if you could post it in the dj section ill sticky it Smile
Virtual DJ and Youtube Converter is probably the easiest way. Tongue

Or you could get the songs on Itunes but that would mean transferring them all to your deck so I find my way the easiest.
(2014-02-06 08:23)Weelob Wrote: [ -> ]I will post a guide soon how to use Spotify. It only works if you use Spotify Premium though, otherwise you'll broadcast commercials too.

I have had spotify since 2008 so that shouldn't be a prob Tongue I'll fill in an app.
I got a myradiostream set up all working so i know how to use it now Smile Pretty easy once you have it set up.
Got my second stream ever up to a peak of 9 listeners! Everything went as it should (although a bit stressy when you get 4 or 5 requests at once ;P ) and i was happy with the stream Smile It worked playing from Spotify, Winamp and Youtube, but it was annoying to drive with LFS muted Wink
Next one will be at 17:00 (08/02) UK time for an hour!

Cheers!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's