[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Club Racer (Unban Request Denied by Stunna)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username:
club racer
● Time & Date of Incident
approximately 8:10 PM EST, June 18, 2013
● Replay / Screenshot Link:
Code:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jo9voc
(by the way, the link to the TC upload site for replays, etc. (posted in the Sample Unban Request post) is broken or something, because when i click it, Chrome just gives me "Oops! Google Chrome could not find files.city-driving.co.uk" just letting you know Wink
● Replay Timestamps:
right at the 12:00.00 mark
● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:
I was banned for "racism." Honestly, in all seriousness, how can I be racist for saying "n***a" when I'm black? It's usually not racist when a black guy says it, because in day-to-day conversation with another "brother" we use that word a lot - it's sort of synonymous with "man" or "mate". I mean let's be serious. It's not like I said "n***er" and used the word in a disparaging way (why would i do that anyway). I just used the word alone, in absolutely no context to suggest that i have any racist sentiments towards my own people. All i was doing was making a joke about all the computer talk going on in the server that I had no idea about lol, so i just chimed in and said something like "i have 9 billion giga rams, and 500 n*gga-hertz" (pun on "gigahertz"). i really did not mean it in any racist way.

and for that, i receive a 365 day ban? eek. Blushing I understand a ban for like a week or two, but really now... a whole year? pls shorten the ban, I will appreciate it very much. i'm sorry for breaking the rules.

Thank you so much.
The admin who placed the original ban has been notified and will reply shortly
You've been here long enough to know that at no time what so ever can you use racist terms. No matter what race/religion you are out of LFS.
(2013-06-19 13:41)Stunna Wrote: [ -> ]You've been here long enough to know that at no time what so ever can you use racist terms. No matter what race/religion you are out of LFS.

I understand that, but to me, when i was typing it, the term didn't cross my mind as a racist term. I would never say "f*** white people" or "f*** jews" or "n***ers stink and they're all lazy and stupid" because i know those are racist words. And I didn't even say anything like this in the replay. i said "n*gga-hertz", which is just a pun on "gigahertz." i didn't say it to anybody or make a racist comment about black people collectively. it was just a word that appeared in a sentence to make an innocent, albeit bad, joke.
From my own personal experience (because i grew up around people who used the word very often when just talking about ordinary things), "n***a" (notice the 'a' at the end, not 'er') is used interchangeably with "man" or "mate," so when i said "n***a" in the replay, in my mind i wasn't thinking at all that this was a racist term or that it was going to be received this way by the other users in the server. i simply thought of it as a word that i use very often with people who don't find it offensive at all (my black friends). and i've even heard people of other races use the term (the one with "a" at the end) and after a while i realized they weren't using it in a racist sense, because they were just trying to copy some sort of look or something by using a word that's repeated over and over in rap songs and is associated with "thug life" etc. and these were non-blacks who have a very diverse group of friends, listen to all sorts of music, etc. On the other hand, if i had said "n***er" (not the "er") that would be a completely different story, because that word is the word used in history with negative connotations. "n***a" isn't.

don't get me wrong. i'm fine with a ban, because i understand now that i have broken the rules (which i obviously wasn't fortunate enough to realize when i said it in TC). i broke the rules obviously - i deserve a ban. I just think that a ban of 365 days is OVERKILL because i'm not sure if the admin really considered what was going on in my mind when i wrote it (it's like premeditated murder vs. manslaughter) - i'm not even racist! and i didn't use it in a racist sense! i have tons of reasons that i've just given you as to why this is (was) just another ordinary word to me! the word ending in 'a' is, even to many people of other races, not a racist word! many people use it because they hear it in songs and "ghetto-speak" and for some reason they like saying it instead of "man" or "mate" - they're not trying to be racist obviously. it's the "-er" one that people really take offense to.

please, just decrease the length of the ban if you see it's appropriate after considering all this. i really don't think i deserve to be banned from the server for a whole year.
thank you for your consideration.
You can't joke around with a racist term no matter how you say it, "er" or "a". Also just "because" you've been around/growing up with people that use it in every sentence they say, still doesn't mean you can say what you did.
All I'm saying is that 365 days is a little harsh, given that the meaning behind what I was saying had nothing to do with racism. Don't you think so too? There are probably other people on the server who have used racist terms and harbored genuine negative feelings towards a certain race, and have received the same ban length that I have, which isn't fair. An example: when two people argue or fight in the server one of them says "you dirty slav" or something like that, where they said something racist with the intent of insulting the other guy - that's real racism --> 365 day ban. what i did was just use a word in a sentence about computers just for a joke, and i get the same ban received by someone who actually is racist and contributes negatively to the environment by throwing around racist terms at people.
It's not harsh, 365days is fine, most people get permanent bans. Come back in 6months or make an unban appeal.
365 days for racism (using a word I didn't even think was a racist word, in a way that wasn't racist at all, in a sentence about computers). Ok. I didn't know that's how things worked here. I didn't know you could get banned a whole 365 days (or even a perma-ban!) for "racism", when not being racist at all.
Unban Request Denied
Reference URL's