[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: PC - Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My PC just randomly keeps on shutting off or freezes, no reason for it that i cant think off. Ive done virus/spy-bot scans etc and have found nothing. Ive also noticed when im viewing chat-logs i get horrendous FPS when i join the server it goes down to about 30 fps and normally get about 200?. If i leave the server and then reboot it is fine. I tried a few times viewing chat-logs to see if it was just coincidence but it does the same again. I dont have much on the PC at all it is still relatively new in my eyes its literally for gaming. I have to reboot it at least 3x's a day.

Manufacturer = Alien-ware
rating = 5.9
Processor = Pentium® Dual Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz
Installed Ram = 6.00 GB
Local disk drive = 886GB free of 931GB
Graphics card = GeForce GTX 460

That's all the PC info i can find, i dont have a clue why it is doing it. Some help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Saphira
Well, first of all, the FPS issue seems pretty logical to me, IF it only happens on Sydney.
I've got a pretty high-specced gaming PC usually getting around 200FPS on a resolution of 5140x1050, and on Sydney, mine drops down to between 30 and 45 as well.

What seems a bit odd in your setup, is probably the processor, if you somehow could get it upgraded to a faster quad core CPU, that would definitely help.
But this depends on your motherboard, which can be tricky to figure out what is, on these ready-made-PC's.

But if you could somehow find the chipset for me, that'd be really helpful, so that way I can determine what CPU you can upgrade to.

From what I can see, you have got a rather weak Dual-core processor, running on socket LGA775, which is getting rather old. The rest of your system should have plenty of power, just for LFS.
Its not just Sydney it drops on, i can be viewing chat-logs and enter Montana or even Kyoto, and my FPS is awful, now if i leave the server, reboot PC the FPS is fine, ive tried several times just booting PC up and going straight into server, ive then also tried several times viewing chat-logs and then entering server, again FPS drops considerably, why i dont no. As for other info i will try find it out if knew where i was looking and the post again.
Thanks
Saphira
Okay, that seems really weird.
Are you sure that there is no program running in the background, taking up your ressources?

If there isn't, I'd recommend getting a complete reinstall of your system.
I have nothing running in background, when on TC i have TC Lights on and thats it, i dont have things like the TRS - URS- Forum - Etc running in background i close out of it all, the only thing that is running is trillian.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/hb9.png/
Only thing I'd suggest, open Task Manager and click Performance. Go and view the chatlogs while you have the Performance tab open, see if it puts any load on your CPU whilst viewing them and let me know.
It goes up a lot, and if keep on refreshing the chat-logs it goes up even more?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/hnt.png/

Obviously for protection of users and people using !l, !tc, !ch i cant show the chat-log page, but you can see it is open (TC- Insim)
Tried using another broswer? Opera for example? Smile
(2013-06-20 11:02)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Tried using another broswer? Opera for example? Smile

Ive tried IE but not opera, tbh never heard of it Smile
But shall give it a try, I will also be ringing Tom to see if he can pop round and sort it.

should never of let Tom get a place of his own j/k
17% isn't that bad, it shouldn't really affect your FPS. But I'm thinking while you do that, and run LFS at the same time it may spike even higher.
im still waiting on my phone call haha
Just tested with my Computer (to see if it's the chatlog's or the urs' fault) -> No issue with Firefox itself
Tested with URS and Chatlog on -> the red square is the CPU-Usage during having them open, spam-refreshing the chatlog, refreshing it normally (the CPU-Usage is that high because of some updates or something running in the background)

[Image: 9MjbMI5.jpg]
You came round tom, but you was running late for work Smile
Anyhow it has done it twice today, and im none the wiser as to why it is doing it..Hopefully what tom suggested earlier when he popped in will do the trick. Tom if you have time tomorrow on your day of could you please come and sort it for me Smile Smile
Thankyou for the help guys.
Question about the FPS problem

- Have you installed/updated/reinstalled all drivers?
- Is this is a new problem for you or it were long?
- Have you much programs/file on your pc? If not it not take long time to reinstall your windows and programs. And you can backup your files on a Flash Drive.
- Is this just a problem when you have LFS up or other games to?
Tom i think has sorted the problem for me.

1) He has updated all graphics card drivers
2) Given my PC a good clear out
3) The fans where very dirty/dusty and not working properly

Due to the case being a small one Tom has took metal clips out to let the air circulate better. I shall be purchasing a new case soon now.
i will have to start charging you soon for making me come over to fix things, first the microphone, then the washing machine, now your pc..... what is next i wonder Smile haha
Reference URL's