[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Photoshop DDS Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I downloaded and installed this plugin for photoshop with the intention of making some personal edits on LFS Interior files

http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-textu...-photoshop

I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS3 and the installer automatically installed the files to my CS3 Directory for me.

So I read the documentation and saving DDS Files apparently should have been added to file -> save as, but when I booted Photoshop to test this, the option was not there..

It also said that I should be able to drag DDS files into Photoshop/Open them, still can't do that either.

Not sure what's gone wrong here Mellow Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
I've downloaded the same plug-in as you Tommer and it works fine here. I'm using photoshop CS5.5

I can open and just save then as a .dds file
Might aswell aquire CS5 then, getting a little fed up with this Tongue
AFAIK, the DDS plugin only works when running PS in 32bit mode. If that's the case, you'll find it in the plugin directory of Program Files (x86) and not in Program Files
I'm always running Photoshop in x64, and the DDS plugin works just fine here.
(2011-11-14 22:17)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm always running Photoshop in x64, and the DDS plugin works just fine here.

You may have found a different version then. The one I have is certainly only installed in 32bit (I just checked the folders)

Ed:
Ah, just noticed there's now a (separate) 64bit version
Download both and it should work fine
Nope I used the x64 version of the plugin and is installed to the correct directory, I can even see the files there in the right plugin folder with all the others it just does not want to take notice of it O.o
Maybe its because I installed the x64 (click) version? Rolleyes

Edit: Waaaaaay to late Ohmy
After installing both, you should have:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins\File Formats\dds.8bi
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\File Formats\dds64.8bi

(CS4 replaced by whatever version you have)
I have the master collection, it labels photoshop as CS5.1 is that the same as CS5? Or will the version difference affect installing the plugin?
Oook this is really fobbing me lol..

I just tried with Photoshop CS5.1 (64bit) and installed to the correct directory again (using the 64 bit version).. Booted Photoshop.. Still not there. Wth?

E: Nevermind, fixed itself somehow..
Reference URL's