[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: win XP - disk reader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have to reformat my pc, but it wont start from the format cd. My brotjer told me i gotta set my disk reader to 1st boot in bios. Now i dont know how Tongue

Could anyone explain or should i wait for my brother to come at friday.

Jasper
When your pc is booting, press 'delete' to get into the boot menu, there you can set the CD/DVD drive as your first boot device Wink
Cant seem to find it xD
(2011-11-16 18:20)Jappe Wrote: [ -> ]I have to reformat my pc, but it wont start from the format cd. My brotjer told me i gotta set my disk reader to 1st boot in bios. Now i dont know how Tongue

Could anyone explain or should i wait for my brother to come at friday.

Jasper

Press F12 to select wich device the computer has to start from. A bit easier then editting the bootorder in the BIOS.

@ Bullet, it differs per bios wich key it is to enter the BIOS (i.e. F2, DEL, etc)
Oh well, sorry then >.<
Haha np Tongue ima try it tomorow
i had a similar problem with a pc i had to repair in the end i made sure all dvd/cds were in boot sequence in bios and then remove the hard drive from it then reboot then it should read the dvd/cd only then install like normal but when it does its first restart go in to the bios and then put hard disk to first boot and it will boot normally and then you can carry on with rest on install Smile
Already found it, thanks anyway! Smile
For future reference, common boot selection keys are:
F2, F8, F12
although it'll usually say somewhere on the POST/Splash screen.
Reference URL's