[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Any Toyota mechanics in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
I'm seriously considering buying my friend's Corolla G6 1.3. The reason I'm making this thread as I'm wondering if I could swap in a 4E-FTE engine but keep the original G6 gearbox? I know it'd be no trouble installing the new engine as they're essentially the same block, so same mounting points and whatnot, but I do want to keep the 6-speed as I'd be clocking up a fair amount of motorway miles.

Here she is Smile soon to be christened "Lola" the Corolla Wink
Also, let me know what you guys think of it Smile
I think the biggest issue you'll have there (as with most swaps) will be the wiring loom.

As for the gearbox, I believe it should work if you just change the clutch and flywheel to proper ones. You might need to get custom work for the intercooler and the exhaust though.
(2013-07-11 22:55)Audiojack Wrote: [ -> ]I think the biggest issue you'll have there (as with most swaps) will be the wiring loom.

As for the gearbox, I believe it should work if you just change the clutch and flywheel to proper ones. You might need to get custom work for the intercooler and the exhaust though.

Yeah I was having a look at the loom, there's just really a few things that need sorting out, can't remember anything specific unfortunately. But a lot of it really is interchangeable between Starlet and Corolla afaik, but no harm in grabbing a pinout just in case. Thanks a lot for the input, by the way Smile
Reference URL's