[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: What Wheel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thinking of maybe, getting a wheel for Christmas, since mine is a little less than satisfactory Tongue

I'm thinking the T500RS, or the G27, but I can't make my mind up.

The G27 I'm leaning towards because of the leather hand-grips and also for it's shifter, however the wheel lacks a satisfactory amount of buttons/dpad's IMO

On the other hand the T500RS supposedly according to customer reveiws makes the wheel size of the G27 look like a toy, and my Logitech Driving Force always irritated me a little because the wheel is quite small.

The T500RS Supposedly has better force feedback thanks to the technologies on board, but is the G27 satisfactory? Also the lack of a shifter will surely be something missed with the T500.

What do you guys think?
If you've got that sort of money to spend on a wheel, go for the G27.

Best reviews
Most popular

End of.
I've had my G27 for about a month now and I haven't regretted getting it once. Brilliant little thing Tongue
G27 ftw. Lol Smile
My G25's wheel size is small compared to a real wheel, but still good enough. however, I think the G27's wheel is a bit larger.
The G27 is pretty good shall I say, and it depends on what you want really. The pedals on the G25 are robust, and I'm sure they're unchanged on the successor. The shifter on the G27 is improved over the G25 as well.

I've had my G25 since 2008, and I still like it a lot, without any issues other than one of the wheel buttons being wonky after aggressively pressing on it in Burnout Paradise once.

I'd say the T500RS is more PS3 oriented for GT5 though, but I haven't tried it. It's quite expensive compared to the G27.
Hmm.. Maybe the G25 and G27 wheel diameters vary, but if they do it's a very small amount. I have owned both wheels for a long time and I can't notice any difference. The wheel itself is a bit thicker though.

Anyway I can't criticize the G27 at all and would recommend it to anyone who was thinking of buying one.

The G25 is good value for money and will guarantee a good driving experience. but I would criticize the noisy and temperamental gear stick. There's also a lack of buttons for TC driving IMO and the force feedback isn't quite as smooth or quiet as the G27. The G27 is very similar overall to the G25, but more refined and without the little faults.
Can't notice a difference in diameter between the G25 and G27 either. G27 is way better than the G25 though.
Can definitely recommend the G27. I've owned mine for about a year now and its still great.
G27 - And if you don't like the wheel size just buy a chilicoke adaptor + a cheap wheel
Had my g27 for a year and i cant find anything wrong with it. Great wheel !!
g27Biggrin
I've had a g25 and g27, both excellent wheels, however if i was you i'd be looking at the new fanatec range as they're compatible with xbox, ps3 and pc.

If its only between the g27 and t500rs, dont get to hung up on the fact the t500rs aint got a shifter (yet) as there is one coming out. Also the t500rs has the option to mount different rims.
I have a G25, and changed the wheel(Luisi car wheel) and it was an upgrade on feal.
I used a G27 when on hollidays, way better ffb, less noise, and overall a good feal.

BUT, I have worn out one and a half G25(current one will probably die soon), and I am on my third shifter Tongue
Most ppl I know have sendt in their G27 on warranty for issues with the wheel/shifter/pedals, but might be a norwegian problem xD

I drive alot, so my next wheel will be a T500RS, since wheel is big by defoult, 1080 rotation, stronger ffb, faster wheelturn from ffb, not use of gear, it uses a belt from my knowledge.

Stephen should reply here, since he accualy got one Biggrin

The(big) downside on the T500RS is the price + you need to get a shifter.
Regarding buttons: buy a gamepad for buttons, works like a charm Wink
G27, No doubts.

G27 = 2.066:- (SEK) = $297 (USD)
TS500RS = 4.795:- (SEK) = $690 (USD)

* Today prices, and compared and sorted after all resellers.

Do i really need to say anything else?

Check Youtube videos of G27, it's really smooth and really really quiet. The additional buttons is really helpful, and good placed. And you don't really need more than 900 turning degrees if you ask me. The pedals are great resistantly. And it's priceless to have a h-shifter.

A tip is to invest in a joystick as well, to use as a handbrake. This will also give you a great amount of additional buttons, if needed.
Reference URL's