[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: BeamNG Drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Found this on the RigsofRods forum.

What could it be? there's a countdown.

http://www.beamng.com/drive/

if this is a demo it'll be worth the hype.

Indeed, I discovered this couple months ago, seems really nice. Realistic physics, suspensions, roads and collisions.

Can't wait for updates and new videos.

Btw my first post was just to clarify what's BeamNG, if people don't know or are too lazy to find out Tongue
Looks pretty nice. I would get this just for the crash physics, like RoR Tongue
Crash physics look epic, not so sure about the car handling/cornering though.
The thing I hope for is their demo, but it likely is another livestream session.
I've haven't seen something that actually impressed me that much for a very long time, despite all the new graphics and physics achievements by the bigger companies.
Lets hope they bring some decent mod support.
(2013-08-01 05:56)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I've haven't seen something that actually impressed me that much for a very long time, despite all the new graphics and physics achievements by the bigger companies.
Lets hope they bring some decent mod support.

if you liked Rigs of Rods' mod support, you'll love this.

This is the same code from RoR in a more advanced engine.
Ive tested it a couple of times, but it was lightyears away from being playable.
I know that its still a demo but what turns me off is the speed at which the steering wheel turns.
Graphics are great, physics seems good too.

Unfortunately, the wheel turn combined with the fact that i don't "feel the speed" in the videos.

Meh. We'll see.
I quite like the look of this seems like some promising things might come out of it! Lets hope that's the alpha release date!

(2013-08-01 13:13)Sebas Wrote: [ -> ]I know that its still a demo but what turns me off is the speed at which the steering wheel turns.
Graphics are great, physics seems good too.

Unfortunately, the wheel turn combined with the fact that i don't "feel the speed" in the videos.

Meh. We'll see.

I think hes using keyboard to turn not a wheel or a joypad so i think that's why its so quick. I agree with you on the feel of speed there doesn't seem to be hardly any.
Upon looking at the videos, am i the only one dreaming of a Multiplayer Crash derby? That could be epic.
(2013-08-01 14:06)Sebas Wrote: [ -> ]Upon looking at the videos, am i the only one dreaming of a Multiplayer Crash derby? That could be epic.

Yessss, oh god yess pleaseee :drool:
While going through the blog, I figure they already got more cars than LFS and its not even released Smile

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=434&d=1348382632]
And they all look so good.
That looks good, will have to keep an eye on this.
Can't wait for a playable demo.
Will definitely keep an eye on it.
(2013-08-01 19:24)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]While going through the blog, I figure they already got more cars than LFS and its not even released Smile

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=434&d=1348382632]
Wow, that seems like a fun car to drive and upgrade the engine if it's possible.
(2013-08-01 20:36)Fiona Wrote: [ -> ]I did see something somewhere about needing quite hi spec PC for it, but I think its still going to be good.

This is correct its 1 CORE per CAR. For example my Intel i5 has 4 cores so that equals 4 cars in game at once. They did say for higher end PC's more would be possible!
If you want to do singleplayer races probably, but no need for that in multiplayer as the other pcs calculate the other cars.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's