[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Unban Request: [GLOW] Shredder (Unban Request Denied by Leon)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
● Your LFS Username: shredderboy

● Time & Date of Incident: Around 4:15PM EST, 17/10/13

● Replay / Screenshot Link: N/A
● Replay Timestamps: N/A

● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:

Good evening and I hope everyone is doing well. Roughly an hour ago I pulled out of Southpark, Blackwood onto Highway 1 (albeit I did not check the map) and was hit by an oncoming chase led by Pipa. I immediately apologized to Pipa and the officers as it was an completely honest mistake on my part and fault. Pipa being understanding acknowledged my apology and continued to evade his pursuers. Unfortunately Leon was not so understanding. My failure of a merge onto Highway 1 was deemed as "old". I agreed with him as it has been a common mistake I've made in the past. He felt that I haven't learned from the past and that a one month ban would help straighten out the issue. I also realize that I received a report this very same day for "a small hit" by a user, which caused me to spin onto the grass and tap Leon away from his post. I immediately apologized to Leon for this too however he was away at the time. I originally thought that the user that I tapped was Nick as the way the driver was swaying between the ends of the road in Nick's characteristic driving habit and I neglected to apologize to him. It wasn't until after Savy had told me that a report was filed against me that I was informed that it wasn't Nick but another user whom had reported me for not apologizing after I had hit him. Immediately upon learning this I apologized to this user as well. I do realize that I am not the best driver. With an average of 18 fps through a game pad, driving get's more of a chore some times. A las, this isn't a thread about excuses, nor is it about questioning anyone's administration. It is one to explain a variety of events that took place today in regards to me. I also had forgotten to save a replay however I recall 9 admins being online at the time. I hope this request is considered and no matter the out come, I hope to enjoy my stay and put all rules into consideration on the server in the future. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day.
The admin who placed the original ban has been notified and will reply shortly
First I'd like to point out that I'm not the most techy person, so I'm unsure how to portray the speed in all of the screenshots.

It isn't just the single incident with Pipa that resulted in your ban, but multiple. See below.

Wrongsiding in the pitlane, hitting another user.

[Image: 13.jpg]

Wrongsiding. This time interfering with a chase.

[Image: 32.jpg]

Wrongsiding in the pitlane, hitting another user.

[Image: 42.jpg]

Wrongsiding, hitting another user. Unfortunately there's lag on my replay, so it isn't quite obvious, but you actually hit him quite hard.

[Image: 51.jpg]

The wrongsiding incident just prior sent you into a spin, hitting me.

[Image: 61.jpg]

Here, you had just pulled over to let a chase pass, despite them having been behind you for almost an entire lap. It's not the crime of the century, but still noteworthy.

[Image: 12.jpg]

Driving on the wrong side for no reason. Both Pipa and Sinoco had to swerve in order to avoid a collision.

[Image: 21.jpg]
[Image: 31.jpg]

And here you drove straight out infront of Pipa as he was doing ~220km/h, damaging his car and ruining the chase.

[Image: 41.jpg]

Do you now see what I mean with your excuses being old?

Being a GLOW member, I shouldn't have to point this out, but here goes:

Rule 1.3 Wrote:1.3. Drive on the correct side of the road.
Driving on the wrong side is tolerated for short periods of time and as long nobody else gets disturbed or endangered. Crashes due to this will
be treated as ramming.

Reading through your request, I get the impression that you think saying sorry or using your "Sorry, insurance will pay for the damageTM!" bind, justifies all the accidents you make and grants immunity from disciplinary action. On every single occasion you used that bind and nonchalantly continued the exact same driving. That's extremely arrogant of you and I fail to see how or why you think it's acceptable when causing this amount of accidents. On top of all of this, you have a very bad URS depicting your behaviour in the past. I can't share anything in it with you, but I've sent you some numbers in a PM, just to create some understanding for the circumstances.
I do completely agree you when you say that my driving style is more lenient towards the aggressive side however, though my number of incidents that day may have been higher, I partially believe that if another user whom had been active on the server for more than 2 hours of driving was analyzed, a similar number of infractions would have been noticed. It is no secret that users cross the center line during gameplay. It may have been because of a habit formed from racing or from real life experiences if the user is from a left lane driving area. That being said some are better at drawing less attention to themselves partly due to the fact that some are better at checking the map and knowing their surroundings than others. Also as I had stated before, this thread isn't about excuses, it's just to explain my point of view. The two situations with me hitting people in the pit lane was a result of me typing and driving at the same time. I had already described the two incidents occurring on Highway 1. I pulled out at Drifter's corner as soon as I saw the "SIREN" flashing on my screen. As for the apologies, it may not mean much in a rule perspective but that doesn't change the fact that I sincerely meant it and had no intentions of coming off as or acting arrogant. For "causing this many accidents", I recall 4 being manufactured by me that session. I also restate: I hope this request is considered and no matter the out come, I hope to enjoy my stay and put all rules into consideration on the server in the future.
(2013-10-19 01:23)shredderboy Wrote: [ -> ]I do completely agree you when you say that my driving style is more lenient towards the aggressive side... it is no secret that users cross the center line during gameplay. It may have been because of a habit formed from racing or from real life experiences if the user is from a left lane driving area. That being said some are better at drawing less attention to themselves partly due to the fact that some are better at checking the map and knowing their surroundings than others...

You point it out yourself. The main issue here is that you drive with complete disregard to others. Every single incident depicted in the screenshots could easily have been avoided, but you chose not to.

(2013-10-19 01:23)shredderboy Wrote: [ -> ]...The two situations with me hitting people in the pit lane was a result of me typing and driving at the same time...

It doesn't matter why it happened and again, both incidents could easily have been avoided. It's just a matter of pulling over.

(2013-10-19 01:23)shredderboy Wrote: [ -> ]...As for the apologies, it may not mean much in a rule perspective but that doesn't change the fact that I sincerely meant it and had no intentions of coming off as or acting arrogant...

I'm not going to question what your intentions are, but crashing, sending a cheerful bind their way and continuing the exact same cycle over and over again is extremely arrogant. You might not think so, but it is.

(2013-10-19 01:23)shredderboy Wrote: [ -> ]For "causing this many accidents", I recall 4 being manufactured by me that session...

There are 5 accidents depicted in the screenshots.

(2013-10-19 01:23)shredderboy Wrote: [ -> ]I also restate: I hope this request is considered and no matter the out come, I hope to enjoy my stay and put all rules into consideration on the server in the future.

Had it not been for your current tracking record (URS) it would've been reconsidered. Hopefully this will alter the way you conduct yourself on the servers in the future.

Your ban ends 2013-11-16.

Unban Request Denied
Reference URL's