[TC] Gaming Forums
!setopt sirenui_size - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: !setopt sirenui_size (/showthread.php?tid=25501)

Pages: 1 2

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Frozen - 2017-02-22 08:02

No need for Audacity

[Image: a711e50fa688c0ccf6fad05174e7c1ad.png]

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Barney - 2017-02-22 08:59

Can you just lower all and the horns will stay louder and vice versa? Or what is included in "Car sound"? Engine? Carcontact? Horns? Then i'd need to adjust lfs level in windows aswell as its adjusted to general volume in combination with music,teamspeak etc... To me it seemed easier to quickly adjust the horns as the rest was ok.

Got car on 3, rest on 0. Car sounds includes at least both engine and horn.
And before i start modding the engine sounds its (to me) still easier to adjust the wavs.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Frozen - 2017-02-22 09:05

I think the 'music' volume is what's considered as horns, matter of testing, never changed those values though. That's how I have them configured and works fine for me when using my headset.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Chuck - 2017-02-22 09:48

I'll try to play with these numbers when I'm home, but I feel it's rather a matter of how far the sound travels than the volume of the soundfile.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Quattro10V - 2017-02-22 16:12

(2017-02-22 06:56)Chuck Wrote:  Some thoughts:
I tried to avoid overlapping symbols with cars but the problem is that the cars always appear on different Y value on the screen. This is cause the track isn't perfectly flat and more importantly, the views differ from player to player a lot. A simple setup change, like ride height does modify the view. So I cannot predict where the symbols should be place best to avoid overlapping.

I also don't like removing them under a certain distance as it is very useful in unclear situations with multiple cars involved. Like you see a bunch of cars ahead and cannot tell who's cop or not, who's in chase or not.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I can't hear the audible sirens well enough to make any use of them. I need to be closer than 20m to hear them at all.

I agree Chuck. In real life you can pick a siren off miles away, but I feel too much louder / hearing them from a further distance will mean you always hear them.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Jacob - 2017-02-22 18:57

(2017-02-22 06:56)Chuck Wrote:  I don't know if I'm the only one, but I can't hear the audible sirens well enough to make any use of them. I need to be closer than 20m to hear them at all.

i had simillar problem. COP with sirens was comming towards me, i heard nothing, until he was aprox 20m infront of me and then i heard sirens like he was 1 metre next to me. But this problem gone idk how.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - StreetFX - 2017-02-22 19:25

So one of the problems is that we can't hear the sirens at long distances?

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Titan - 2017-02-22 19:27

I do not care whether siren are or not, If the are only audible from 20 meters,
You can also leave it out... I hear them very rarely.
See the siren in the display and the skin more I do not need.

Making siren text smaller - Yes.