[TC] Gaming Forums
Removal of the updated speedtrap - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Removal of the updated speedtrap (/showthread.php?tid=38557)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Chuck - 2024-08-29 14:00

(2024-08-29 13:55)SIMOX Wrote:  ...

And there comes the obligatory rant. I'd really like to see a discussion with two of your kind.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - SIMOX - 2024-08-29 14:50

Sorry if i sounded ranty i didnt mean that. Actually suggesting that because those would be pretty good drawbacks for speeding. Isnt that what you looking for? All i do is speed all day, and most maps dont punish you enough for it so thats why everyone does as well. Radars wont fix majority of speed abusers imo.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Robis - 2024-08-29 20:37

Let cops keep 50% of the fined amount and everyone will be happy. Speed you lose, then go work a bit and make it back.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Felipe Jardim - 2024-08-30 00:15

(2024-08-29 14:50)SIMOX Wrote:  Sorry if i sounded ranty i didnt mean that. Actually suggesting that because those would be pretty good drawbacks for speeding. Isnt that what you looking for? All i do is speed all day, and most maps dont punish you enough for it so thats why everyone does as well. Radars wont fix majority of speed abusers imo.

Simox, i dont want to go back to losing -84 every 5 seconds because im going 240kmh in a 120kmh zone while riding a motorbike!

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Chuck - 2024-08-30 04:57

(2024-08-29 20:37)Robis Wrote:  Let cops keep 50% of the fined amount and everyone will be happy. Speed you lose, then go work a bit and make it back.

..or setup a speed trap for 10 minutes and 'earn' it back

No no, this is not going to work. Because then we'd have speed traps literally all
the day, which will result in even more cries to remove them. Earning money for doing (almost) nothing is also a very wrong imo.

I think the way it is atm is quite balanced. Cops earn a little, have a little work, but also have to pay up in-front to buy the equipment.

Edit:

My next steps on this
- Add a new command !lasertrap to setup the laser trap (as it was a couple of months ago)
- Add an immunity time (eg 15s) to radar fines to prevent getting double fined by a cop using !laser or !lasertrap

I hope that this will make at least a few people happy.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - THE WIZARD DK - 2024-08-30 07:58

maybe cops setting up speedtraps should have like an object sign showing they are in a specific area of the track. like e.g. AX_Barriers speedlimit sign or smth like that, to be set up maybe 50m from the speedtrap car.(maybe distance marker) in the same kind of way TOW´s set up barriers,or cops set up tirestacks. just using a sign instead for the speed traps. distance from cop car should be enough for a car to slow down before the trap.
i havent seen anyone suggesting this option. and also like to mention the "blitz" or what to call it, can that be reduced to cockpit only? because having your entire screen blitz literally could trigger epileptic seizures from the fast blink it gives.
no i dont have it,but worth to think about for those who do. everytime i get trapped i think LFS is glitching on me. so its rather uncomfortable and you would never get such a lightshow in real life while driving. literally blinding the driver. just thought i mention this again.

(2024-08-29 14:00)Chuck Wrote:  I'd really like to see a discussion with two of your kind.

i recommend watching a scottish and an Aussie having a heartfelt discussion Biggrin
(never in my life did i cry so much from laughter Biggrin )

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - SIMOX - 2024-08-30 09:49

(2024-08-30 00:15)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  Simox, i dont want to go back to losing -84 every 5 seconds because im going 240kmh in a 120kmh zone while riding a motorbike!

You can't even fully speed anymore because of constant roadworks. Lets take westhill padock road for example. It was butchered to stop people speeding. Id rather take a speeding fine than drive through that.

Also if you want people to think before speeding and still keep cop jobs, increase fines for everything. Lets agree that 30 euro fines are a joke tbh. You can earn that in like 30 seconds. Multiply fines x10 times then maybe people will stop at the red lights. Im not saying that the cop should get x10 times the cash. Give normal pay, burn the rest.

Bigger fines > Goofy restrictive layouts

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Dino - 2024-08-30 15:39

If some people (especially middle-aged germans) think that the vast majority of this community enjoy the game more because it is apparently "safer" with speedtraps which (in theory) should slow down people then please - for the 1000th time - realize it's JUST A GAME.

Speedtraps with getting people wanted on the other hand makes sense to get more chases - isn't this exactly why once the auto-fined speedtraps got changed to that "wanted-speedtraps"?

Remove the current annoying speedtraps where some cops camp for hours (and I'm not even speeding so not writing this cause I lose money).

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - RedJohn - 2024-08-30 21:02

Y'all should realize that some real life features (Roadworks, speedtraps..) are NOT fun not irl nor in a game

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Cam - 2024-08-31 09:00

I take satisfaction slowing down for speed traps, because then I know I'm wasting COPs time. If everyone did the same, there would be less speed traps.

Equally, I cannot blame speed traps for existing because it is not uncommon for people to drive around at high speeds recklessly. The whole point of speed traps is to deter people from speeding, it does not matter whether the COP should benefit from the fine or not - it is irrelevant to its purpose. It's about balance, and there'll always be opposing opinions, whichever way you want to look at it.

I do not see any problem with the current system, and I wouldn't say it negatively impacts my gameplay, but perhaps that's because I can rationalise the existence of speed traps.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Ash - 2024-08-31 10:01

I think something everyone needs to bear in mind that in recent times, there seems to be a culture of "I am going to absolutely cane it around the track, going as quick as possible, in any manner required to keep my speed as high as possible".

With that comes other issues, such as incidents, rams etc - which then ultimately leads to admin intervention which does become tiring.

It seem very rare now a days that many players actually follow the 'city driving' theme... The traffic lights, road markings, contraflows etc almost seem as if they are invisible to all. Which is a shame that the 'real life' element (albeit pointed out, yes this is a game...) is being lost.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Felipe Jardim - 2024-08-31 14:36

(2024-08-31 10:01)Ash Wrote:  "I am going to absolutely cane it around the track, going as quick as possible, in any manner required to keep my speed as high as possible".

This aspect of TC has been going on since i first joined in 2008. Some people see cruise layouts as a gymkhana course.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Ash - 2024-08-31 15:12

I’ve been here since 2007 and although I agree with you to a certain extent, it has certainly manifested intensely over the last few years.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Val - 2024-08-31 17:46

(2024-08-31 10:01)Ash Wrote:  I think something everyone needs to bear in mind that in recent times, there seems to be a culture of "I am going to absolutely cane it around the track, going as quick as possible, in any manner required to keep my speed as high as possible". [...]

Random opinion, I find that money has lost its value; vehicles are easily accessible through ridiculously low rental prices. Additionally, there’s almost no penalty for fast driving. When you accumulate bonuses, you always end up with a positive balance at the end of the day.

Only a few things people still pay attention to are cops (unless they're in a chase, in which case they often interfere with it) and what else... speed traps ? Tongue

So why would people drive safely if the system no longer encourages them to be careful? I personally don't even bother saving money or buying cars unless I need specific items on them.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Marty_Deslions - 2024-08-31 18:56

(2024-08-31 15:12)Ash Wrote:  I’ve been here since 2007 and although I agree with you to a certain extent, it has certainly manifested intensely over the last few years.

Maybe that also has to do with the intoduction of mods and the fast vehicles that come with that.

But maybe increasing the negative income when speeding could be a solution to make the majority slow down more? Say you'll start losing money with 10+% over the speedlimit instead of 30+%

Another option could be to make faster cars have more intake restriction, but this could harm the driving experience bigtime. But hey people go slower.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Felipe Jardim - 2024-09-01 02:23

(2024-08-31 18:56)Marty_Deslions Wrote:  
(2024-08-31 15:12)Ash Wrote:  I’ve been here since 2007 and although I agree with you to a certain extent, it has certainly manifested intensely over the last few years.

Maybe that also has to do with the intoduction of mods and the fast vehicles that come with that.

But maybe increasing the negative income when speeding could be a solution to make the majority slow down more? Say you'll start losing money with 10+% over the speedlimit instead of 30+%

Another option could be to make faster cars have more intake restriction, but this could harm the driving experience bigtime. But hey people go slower.

The negative income loss was readjusted by chuck because with the increased speed with mods, losses were staggering. Imagine being in a chase and losing 500 euro per lap in a track like Aston or Westhill? a half hour chase can cost the suspect over 10k and that is simply not viable, it's not likely that cops and robbers are going to engage in a chase while sticking to speed limits. As far as intake restrictions go, I don't agree with them entirely, because at that point we might as well revert to S2 cars only. restrictions should only be added if the car in question exceeds a vanilla GTR car's capabilities and a blackwood lap time from those vanilla GTR cars should be the "benchmark" to determine the restrictions for the faster mods.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - SeanProdTV - 2024-09-01 10:04

(2024-09-01 02:23)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  

The negative income loss was readjusted by chuck because with the increased speed with mods, losses were staggering. Imagine being in a chase and losing 500 euro per lap in a track like Aston or Westhill? a half hour chase can cost the suspect over 10k and that is simply not viable, it's not likely that cops and robbers are going to engage in a chase while sticking to speed limits. As far as intake restrictions go, I don't agree with them entirely, because at that point we might as well revert to S2 cars only. restrictions should only be added if the car in question exceeds a vanilla GTR car's capabilities and a blackwood lap time from those vanilla GTR cars should be the "benchmark" to determine the restrictions for the faster mods.

The whole purpose of engaging in a chase as a suspect was to SAVE money not loose more

IMO Suspects in chases should be +0 / +4 not negative

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - KooKoo - 2024-09-01 13:45

(2024-09-01 10:04)SeanProdTV Wrote:  The whole purpose of engaging in a chase as a suspect was to SAVE money not loose more

Actually if you consider that, then more chases would occur which will kind of be the purpose of TC.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - BP - 2024-09-01 14:10

RE: above post:

Even though TC is partly a cops & robbers server, it is actually problematic if there are too many chases going on at one time.

Also, if suspects didn't lose any money for speeding then I would be concerned about people misusing the chase mechanism to have a fast cruise without losing money.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Baboulinet4 - 2024-09-01 20:23

(2024-09-01 10:04)SeanProdTV Wrote:  
(2024-09-01 02:23)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  

The whole purpose of engaging in a chase as a suspect was to SAVE money not loose more

+0 for everyone, but increase max fine to 2000€ or more.

Suspect don't lose money for speeding, but is at risk of losing more if busted

Cop loses the ability to farm money while driving fast, but can win way more if he busts the suspect.

The suspect have a real motive to evade, and the cop is in a "double or nothing" situation.