[TC] Gaming Forums
Dayz lag - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: Dayz lag (/showthread.php?tid=4657)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Dayz lag - Hexta - 2012-10-16 16:38

(2012-10-16 14:18)Leon Wrote:  Sorry guys! Forgot about this thread.

I have no idea what kind of motherboard I have. How do I find that out?

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Run it then click mainboard

edit: nvm

RE: Dayz lag - Nahkis - 2012-10-16 20:05

Blame the game engine, its not the best on its desing.

RE: Dayz lag - Leon - 2012-10-17 01:22

Baboom!

[Image: Motherboard.jpg]

RE: Dayz lag - FR4NOx - 2012-10-17 01:25

From a quick glance on Asus's website, I looks like you can upgrade to the Phenom II X4 965.

RE: Dayz lag - Tom - 2012-10-17 09:49

hope this helps you leon
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ASUS/M2N-SLI_Deluxe.html

RE: Dayz lag - Chuck - 2012-10-17 10:49

I'm still puzzling what kind of lag you're actually talking about. Network lag? Graphics lag? Sound lag? Input lag?
Do other players appear lagging to you? or do you to them? or do you even to yourself? Or is it a local visual lag, like a delayed mouse input.

I'm a bit confused that people ask what kind of cpu or mainboard you got, even before its clear what actual problem is troubling you.

RE: Dayz lag - Leon - 2012-10-17 11:56

Uhm... I'm not sure how those things present themselves Chuck. All I know is that my FPS drops in cities, towns, etc. Does that help?

RE: Dayz lag - Hexta - 2012-10-17 12:30

(2012-10-17 01:25)Kenwood Wrote:  From a quick glance on Asus's website, I looks like you can upgrade to the Phenom II X4 965.

Wrong, "CPU socket type: Socket AM2".

Phenom II is AM3.

RE: Dayz lag - Chuck - 2012-10-17 13:21

(2012-10-17 11:56)Leon Wrote:  Uhm... I'm not sure how those things present themselves Chuck. All I know is that my FPS drops in cities, towns, etc. Does that help?

Hm not sure. Try walk into one on those cities and reduce graphics until it's good. Reducing post-proccessing-effects, antialiasing and HDR effects typically brings most performance.

RE: Dayz lag - FR4NOx - 2012-10-17 19:55

(2012-10-17 12:30)Hexta Wrote:  
(2012-10-17 01:25)Kenwood Wrote:  From a quick glance on Asus's website, I looks like you can upgrade to the Phenom II X4 965.

Wrong, "CPU socket type: Socket AM2".

Phenom II is AM3.

Phenom II is AM2+ compatible. According to Asus's website, the M2N-SLI Deluxe supports AM2/AM2+. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2/M2NSLI_Deluxe/#specifications
[Image: right.png]

Edit: Yes, Phenom II isn't in the list of supported processors, but many people use Xeon processors on desktop processors with no problem, so why not risk it with the Phenom? Wink

Edit2: Has my previous suggestion of upgrading to a Phenom 9550 been ignored?

RE: Dayz lag - Leon - 2012-10-17 22:00

Uhm... I don't know what all the names and stuff you're posting mean.

RE: Dayz lag - Elmo - 2012-10-18 03:12

(2012-10-17 19:55)Kenwood Wrote:  Phenom II is AM2+ compatible. According to Asus's website, the M2N-SLI Deluxe supports AM2/AM2+. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2/M2NSLI_Deluxe/#specifications
[Image: right.png]

Edit: Yes, Phenom II isn't in the list of supported processors, but many people use Xeon processors on desktop processors with no problem, so why not risk it with the Phenom? Wink

Edit2: Has my previous suggestion of upgrading to a Phenom 9550 been ignored?

As I said before, Phenom IIs are only compatible provided the manufacturer has provided a BIOS update to support it. As seen on the CPU support list, Asus have not, so it isn't compatible with that board.

Xeons running on desktop machines is irrelevant as the circumstances are very different - we're talking different generations, different architectures, different memory controllers as well as just different sockets - also, some Xeons share sockets with some desktop CPUs IIRC.

Re: the 9550, they're quite hard to come by (there's ONE in the UK on ebay atm), the motherboard needs a BIOS update to support it and I'm not sure how much Leon would want to do that or to put on thermal paste himself either Wink
Then there's the question of whether the CPU is the issue - it really shouldn't be, especially as he can run Arma II (same game engine) fine with no problems.

TBH, the more likely problem is the graphics card, which barely reaches the recommended requirements (9800 is basically a re-branded 8800, although the GTX is a tad more powerful, though not much).
That or some random software issue.

RE: Dayz lag - Leon - 2012-10-18 17:30

So, graphics card?

RE: Dayz lag - Elmo - 2012-10-18 17:47

If hardware is the issue, graphics is the most likely, yes.

Try lowering the texture resolution/detail and render distance - that's what kills framerate the most in ArmA in my experience.
If that solves the problem, then it is graphics related and you can play around with settings to see if you can get it looking OK for you without framerate issues.
If you can't find a compromise you can live with, then a new graphics card is probably the solution.

RE: Dayz lag - Leon - 2012-10-22 04:10

I´ve tried fiddling with everything, but it seems my only choices are either "See nothing" or "live with lag". How much does the resolution affect things?