[TC] Gaming Forums
Help with setting up new PC with dual screens. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: Help with setting up new PC with dual screens. (/showthread.php?tid=9937)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Help with setting up new PC with dual screens. - Chuck - 2013-12-21 20:12

PNY does video cards

Probably that then http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/?gid=1326&graphics=GeForce%20GT%20620%20PNY%20PCIe%201GB%20Edition

RE: Help with setting up new PC with dual screens. - Toni - 2013-12-21 20:21

It might also be a gigabyte one, not sure about it. I have seen those gigabyte ones on some package computers

RE: Help with setting up new PC with dual screens. - Chuck - 2013-12-21 20:34

AH well, I didnt realise that was a closed PC system. I did some research but I couldnt find out what connectors it actually got, apart from a HDMI connector. The Acer code should be DT.SRPEK.040
However, both your displays seems to have VGA and DVI connectors which gives you all freedom to choose. You'll certainly need the HDMI -> DVI cable for one screen, but impossible to tell for the other one without knowing what connectors the PC actually offers.

RE: Help with setting up new PC with dual screens. - Toni - 2013-12-21 20:44

The confirmed outputs in the pc at the moment are one DVI and one HDMI.
And I know I need to use the HDMI - DVI for the P226HQV screen (my old screen,not taking the risk to put it as screen 1 as the package has a original screen.)

So I think im just going to do some test runs with 1 screen first on LFS and ETS2 and then test again with 2 screens and decide whether I will use 1 screen for gaming and 1 screen for internet or something at the same time, or will I use both screens for gaming (would be really nice if it would run lfs on dual screens without lag, as I want more field of view so its easier to look in intersections if im no mapping that is there a car coming.)

Btw. Thanks for help everyone, escpecially chuck for clarifying those different DVI types so o don't buy he wrong type of HDMI- DVI cable/adapter.

I will post here after Christmas if it works properly or if something not expected pops up.

RE: Help with setting up new PC with dual screens. - Chuck - 2013-12-21 21:03

Well, both screens seems to have the same connectors, so it doesn't matter which one you will use as screen #1 and #2. The cables you need are always the same.
So one will have to be a HDMI -> DVI and the other one should be DVI to DVI. DVI to DVI should be included with the display anyway, so the one you probably need to buy is the hdmi to dvi.

RE: Help with setting up new PC with dual screens. - Toni - 2013-12-21 21:10

Yes. And if there won't be any cables included I have 2 VGA cables and one dvi cable and 2 power cable (one of them has two of the power input things so I can power the screens with it so I get one free place for power cables lol.
So yes I will need to buy that cable on the first post to make the two screens to display photo. Feel free to drop off some tips how I should configure them. (for example the resolution so it won't exceed the max resolution of the gpu.

RE: Help with setting up new PC with dual screens. - Chuck - 2013-12-21 21:38

Well, there is nothing much you can do wrong. Using hdmi and dvi over VGA has the advantage that you don't need to do any settings at the monitor, like image size, position etc as digital signal includes all that.

RE: Help with setting up new PC with dual screens. - Toni - 2013-12-21 21:49

But if I have both of the screens at 1920x1080 and the max resolution of gpu is 2560x1600 (digital) the overall pixels from the screens is more than the max resolution (digital) of the gpu, isn't that bad? As if I use both screens on 1280x800 it is 2560x1600 when the resolution is 1280x800 from both screens.

Might sound stupid but im noob with these dual screen stuff.

RE: Help with setting up new PC with dual screens. - Chuck - 2013-12-21 22:02

I'm pretty sure you can use the maximum resolution on both screens at a time.

RE: Help with setting up new PC with dual screens. - Toni - 2013-12-21 22:04

I'll try what is the best then.