[TC] Gaming Forums
First Car - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: First Car (/showthread.php?tid=1991)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: First Car - Bradd - 2012-02-08 09:56

A rear-wheel drive E30 wouldn't go too well as a first car IMO, escpecially if you were to drive it in the rain etc. I would definately buy FWD first but that's just my opinion Smile

RE: First Car - Klurax - 2012-02-08 19:14

(2012-02-08 09:56)Bradd Wrote:  A rear-wheel drive E30 wouldn't go too well as a first car IMO, escpecially if you were to drive it in the rain etc. I would definately buy FWD first but that's just my opinion Smile

Lol, what's the problem with RWD? Confused1

It's not hard just fun to drive Wink

RE: First Car - Bradd - 2012-02-08 19:16

Inexperienced driver + RWD = Disaster

RE: First Car - ZsoLT - 2012-02-08 20:09

Understeer is much worse than oversteer...

RE: First Car - Mr. NB - 2012-02-09 03:10

I would say rather "stupid" or "careless" driver + RWD = disaster.

Not being experienced does not mean that you will be driving around like a complete *Removed*. You can kill yourself in a 60 BHP FWD Citroen Saxo just as fast, as in something with more power and with the RWD.

Anyway, i would defenetly not buy a BMW E30 for this kind of money and as a first car. I would go for something as new (i.e. young) as possible. But anyway, i personally prefer comfort and safety over preformance and looks of the car.

RE: First Car - Roba - 2012-02-09 05:06

I was very inexperienced on driving as I got my Sierra, never crashed it.
(2012-02-09 03:10)Mr. NB Wrote:  i personally prefer comfort and safety over preformance and looks of the car.

So you would be one of those who could actually buy a Nissan Juke? Tongue
Oh and referring to it that it's surprisingly comfy inside, tho I don't like the Start/Stop button. Nor the look of it Tongue

RE: First Car - Makee - 2012-02-09 05:35

And when you are more experienced you crash to trees..

RE: First Car - Johan. - 2012-02-09 09:09

Or end up in a ditch (isnt that also called, crashing/crashed, as it might damage the car on a place where the car wouldnt end up normally?)..

RE: First Car - Roba - 2012-02-09 10:12

That's just when I try to drift too much. I'm very sure rally drivers wouldn't crash either if they didn't try to go fast.

RE: First Car - bullet - 2012-02-09 14:05

Get an old Polo, or Golf.
Cheap insurance, not that expensive itself and no problems with finding replacement parts.

RE: First Car - Cas - 2012-02-09 15:47

(2012-02-08 03:56)Mr. NB Wrote:  I cant understand how some people are suggesting old timers, Porche's, BMW's and this kind of cars, to a person who is asking about a first and a cheap car Mellow ? I mean, everything that he will most probably get from this kind of cars for this kind of price, is troubles. Also, i would not want to look like some cheap ass wannabe, in a cheap ass 20 years old BMW, just becouse it's a BMW.

What's wrong with owning a classic car? I don't see the problem. A BMW 2002 Touring is a really good looking car and it's a great classic. Why would you not look into those cars, because insurance on those cars is a joke. Classic insurance, even when you are 18 is €12,- a month.

So instead of being anal about it, applaud it.
Not to forget, they are tax free in Holland at least. I'm quite sure it's the same story for Belgium, since driving is even cheaper in Belgium.

RE: First Car - Klurax - 2012-02-09 16:51

(2012-02-09 15:47)Cas Wrote:  
(2012-02-08 03:56)Mr. NB Wrote:  I cant understand how some people are suggesting old timers, Porche's, BMW's and this kind of cars, to a person who is asking about a first and a cheap car Mellow ? I mean, everything that he will most probably get from this kind of cars for this kind of price, is troubles. Also, i would not want to look like some cheap ass wannabe, in a cheap ass 20 years old BMW, just becouse it's a BMW.

What's wrong with owning a classic car? I don't see the problem. A BMW 2002 Touring is a really good looking car and it's a great classic. Why would you not look into those cars, because insurance on those cars is a joke. Classic insurance, even when you are 18 is €12,- a month.

So instead of being anal about it, applaud it.
Not to forget, they are tax free in Holland at least. I'm quite sure it's the same story for Belgium, since driving is even cheaper in Belgium.

I agree, the only problem with super old and quite rare cars is the spare parts, if there is any, they are probably very expensive. But if you research and chose wisely it wont be a problem owning an old car Smile

RE: First Car - Mr. NB - 2012-02-09 23:08

(2012-02-09 15:47)Cas Wrote:  So instead of being anal about it, applaud it.

I personally would not suggest a fourty years old car to someone, who is buying his first car. He is probably looking for something to drive on daily basis with and i do not think that an oldtimer is a good choice for that. There is a big chance that he would spend more time repairing it, than acctualy using it. Not to mention that if he was involved in a crash, he would probably end up much worse than in any "ussual first car".

I am not trying to be anal about it mr. classy, i am just being reasonable.

RE: First Car - Johan. - 2012-02-09 23:35

I agree with Nobody (erh, right..).. NB in this case. As first car you don't want to spend all your money on repairing it, and getting it fixed up for the MOT or how ever the insurance-check is called. ('APK here in Holland) Instead of that, you'd rather spend it on the fuel.. (As the fuel prices arent erh.. low)

RE: First Car - Roba - 2012-02-10 10:51

Some old common car where is easy to find spare parts for cheap is a good choice, as if you know anything about engines or so, you can just spend 20€ or so for minor repairs that would cost 100€ on newer cars.

RE: First Car - Cas - 2012-02-10 13:17

(2012-02-09 23:08)Mr. NB Wrote:  
(2012-02-09 15:47)Cas Wrote:  So instead of being anal about it, applaud it.

I personally would not suggest a fourty years old car to someone, who is buying his first car. He is probably looking for something to drive on daily basis with and i do not think that an oldtimer is a good choice for that. There is a big chance that he would spend more time repairing it, than acctualy using it. Not to mention that if he was involved in a crash, he would probably end up much worse than in any "ussual first car".

I am not trying to be anal about it mr. classy, i am just being reasonable.

It's funny when people get personal straight away. I was just stating my opinion, because you said it was an idiotic idea. I don't think it is. You can get a great car, older than 25 years - so it's tax free and on oldtimer insurance.

If you are being reasonable, what am I? Dirt cheap?

RE: First Car - Vee - 2012-02-10 13:18

Older cars can be just as reliable if not more reliable than newer cars. Alot less to go wrong, and alot cheaper to repair if they do. Not to mention I drive my 21 year old car daily without any troubles.

Smaller cars like Saxo's aren't exactly solid in crashes either, granted they're better (I take that back now), but they crumple like cans from some of the crashes I've seen.

Infact, here:

Know which I'd rather be in

RE: First Car - Mr. NB - 2012-02-10 16:20

(2012-02-10 13:17)Cas Wrote:  It's funny when people get personal straight away. I was just stating my opinion, because you said it was an idiotic idea. I don't think it is. You can get a great car, older than 25 years - so it's tax free and on oldtimer insurance.

If you are being reasonable, what am I? Dirt cheap?

I have never said that your idea was idiotic, do not twist my words. I have said that i can not understand how an oldtimer is a good choice for a first car and obviously, you have been offended by that.

I am not against old cars. I just think that for a first car, he should pick something younger than freaking fourty years old car, becouse he probably wants some comfort and realiability aswell. I can understand that some of you own older cars becouse you enjoy them very much, but i doubt that Jappe is into same kind of thing. Otherwise he would of probably mentioned it.

RE: First Car - Vee - 2012-02-10 18:05

(2012-02-07 16:56)Jappe Wrote:  My current vote goes to a bmw e30, but i dont know what life will bring, as im still only 16 Tongue

RE: First Car - Cas - 2012-02-10 20:14

Knowing that it was introduced in 1982, you could probably get a tax free one. Most likely a decent one with your amount of money too. E30s are pretty good cars and fun, I remember Drew had one for drifting. I wonder where he has gone.

Oh well, let us know when you've found one Jasper.