[TC] Gaming Forums
Removal of the updated speedtrap - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Removal of the updated speedtrap (/showthread.php?tid=38557)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Vilix - 2024-09-01 22:07

(2024-09-01 20:23)Baboulinet4 Wrote:  +0 for everyone, but increase max fine to 2000€ or more.

Suspect don't lose money for speeding, but is at risk of losing more if busted

Cop loses the ability to farm money while driving fast, but can win way more if he busts the suspect.

The suspect have a real motive to evade, and the cop is in a "double or nothing" situation.

This might be nice in theory, but sadly people would abuse this system. We already occasionally observe people initiate chases with friends to speed around with sirens. If there was no income loss as a suspect, then neither cop nor suspect suffer any penalty for the duration of the chase, and they can simply just do !lost to avoid the fine.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Baboulinet4 - 2024-09-02 09:26

(2024-09-01 22:07)Vilix Wrote:  
(2024-09-01 20:23)Baboulinet4 Wrote:  +0 for everyone, but increase max fine to 2000€ or more.

Suspect don't lose money for speeding, but is at risk of losing more if busted

Cop loses the ability to farm money while driving fast, but can win way more if he busts the suspect.

The suspect have a real motive to evade, and the cop is in a "double or nothing" situation.

This might be nice in theory, but sadly people would abuse this system. We already occasionally observe people initiate chases with friends to speed around with sirens. If there was no income loss as a suspect, then neither cop nor suspect suffer any penalty for the duration of the chase, and they can simply just do !lost to avoid the fine.

I completely forgot about !lost.

I'll have a brain next time I reply lmao

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Marty_Deslions - 2024-09-02 10:04

Here's an idea.

What if the automated-fine radar trap was only accessible for HWA? So regular can only do the wanted speedtrap. So it could be just like these temporary roadworks, like small RP stuff.

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Nexoon - 2024-09-02 16:07

(2024-09-02 10:04)Marty_Deslions Wrote:  Here's an idea.

What if the automated-fine radar trap was only accessible for HWA? So regular can only do the wanted speedtrap. So it could be just like these temporary roadworks, like small RP stuff.

LOL no, just let people adjust economy

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Felipe Jardim - 2024-09-02 17:04

I just realized that ADMINS can setup a speed trap and just go AFK for longer than what us mere mortals can go AFK for (10 mins)

Speed traps should have a set time that they are allowed to be installed with a cooldown period before being installed again. This is getting ridiculous, I can't even laser anymore! everyone is just going the speed limit!

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Val - 2024-09-02 17:33

(2024-09-02 17:04)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  I just realized that ADMINS can setup a speed trap and just go AFK for longer than what us mere mortals can go AFK for (10 mins)

Speed traps should have a set time that they are allowed to be installed with a cooldown period before being installed again. This is getting ridiculous, I can't even laser anymore! everyone is just going the speed limit!

...ever heard of battery ?

RE: Removal of the updated speedtrap - Felipe Jardim - 2024-09-03 23:36

Yeah, i forgot, i also forgot about !Power request and added battery capacities. Either way any player or edmin can simply set up a trap and go outside and actually touch grass while people get aimlessly fined.

As chuck mentioned, people don't care, which is why i believe this is mainly for economy deflation, but the concentrated wealth is still in the same hands and those guys aren't usually the ones getting fined by the traps.

Im not completely against it, but i really think the fines should be reduced by at least 50% because again, it is an effortless "job"