[TC] Gaming Forums
Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Official Events (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Event Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+----- Forum: Gumball 2016 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=190)
+----- Thread: Gumball 2016 - Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=22528)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Dino - 2016-08-06 08:43

Will the starting position when joining the server remain for all 14 days where they are at the moment? (Just next to the starting podium)

Cause if they are changed to the usual ones, you access the highway way earlier.

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - BP - 2016-08-06 08:48

I'm not sure, but as long as the layouts are the same for all the servers, everyone's on a level playing field, which is the main thing.

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Dino - 2016-08-08 08:42

Can the prizepool distribution please be released?

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Pete - 2016-08-08 14:23

Apologies for letting our personal opinions get out into the results post, that wasn't professional of us. It is what it is and we'll impose a lower limit for the opening weekend distance challenge next time.

The prize pool allocation was delayed because we were yet to decide on the special events. It will be released when we finalise and announce those events.

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Adorable - 2016-08-08 14:24

Congratulations to Dino who won the Pedal to the metal award after driving 5kms!

Well deserved, also, I'm unable to find any "Competitor tracker" of the old events, (gumball 2015 / 2014) can someone link me those?

Hope that I wrote in the correct section

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Russ - 2016-08-08 16:20

(2016-08-08 14:24)Adorable Wrote:  Congratulations to Dino who won the Pedal to the metal award after driving 5kms!

Well deserved, also, I'm unable to find any "Competitor tracker" of the old events, (gumball 2015 / 2014) can someone link me those?

Hope that I wrote in the correct section

You can view information on previous events via the Events Archive

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=79

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Martynas - 2016-08-08 16:59

Quick question - why do gumballers have a private host? Gumball must be a public event. Every (real) gumball event is surrounded by public, by spectators, by other drivers. Hell, gumball is not gumball without god damn epic high-speed balls to the wall chases.
Soz, if it was discussed earlier, cba to browse.

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Pete - 2016-08-08 17:06

(2016-08-08 16:59)Martynas Wrote:  Quick question - why do gumballers have a private host? Gumball must be a public event. Every (real) gumball event is surrounded by public, by spectators, by other drivers. Hell, gumball is not gumball without god damn epic high-speed balls to the wall chases.
Soz, if it was discussed earlier, cba to browse.

Over the past few years, Gumball has become increasingly difficult to manage from an organisation stand point. By segregating the Gumballers and non-Gumballers we immediately avoid most of the common problems which usually require admin intervention. Sadly it comes down to the behaviour of our community members and the pile of admin work we usually end up with when we combine regular players with players who are competing in Gumball.

This is the first year we've tried this and it may well be the last, we just have to see how well it works. At the moment it seems to be going alright, sure there aren't many chases but it doesn't seem to be affecting the enjoyment that Gumballers are experiencing.

The survey at the end of the event will surely give us our answer on that one. If anyone else wants to express their opinion, please feel free. We'd like to know.

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - MousemanLV - 2016-08-08 20:01

Setting up a password has been rather successful. I do remember from the past year that I personally encountered many reckless drivers, but for this years event - so far so good. Not a single issue, everyone is driving more or less with care and forethought. Great Gumball so far despite not doing so much of driving myself.

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Jacob - 2016-08-08 20:15

I as a non-Gumballer personaly like this idea with passworded server. First time i was sad, but after i realised how good it is for you, Gumballers, i was glad for that. I remeber GBs in last years. Everyone was pissed off instead of enjoing the competition. Also admins who make this for "us" can fully join the competition instead of wasting time dealing with reports of wreckless ppl destroying the fun. I don't mind this way in next Gumball (i hope i will join it) Smile

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Ras - 2016-08-08 20:24

I think it's been really enjoyable so far this year, thanks to the passworded server. You can have a good time with your fellow gumballers without getting your trip ruined by non-gumballers for whatever reason (chases, rulebreakers, etc)

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Carl - 2016-08-08 20:24

I agree that the password system has worked wonders. Previous years the community had to deal with ramming as people got over competitive against non-gumballers. This year has been perfect, at least from server one.

I'll save my other opinions for the survey afterwards though. Smile

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Spark - 2016-08-08 20:37

Most enjoyable and successful Gumball in my opinion.

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Dino - 2016-08-10 20:04

Seems like Warrior gave up?

Interesting that driving that much like Warrior is still not enough, really hard to win it this year! Keep going guys

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Ph4nToM - 2016-08-12 06:10

RDSR as a whole is doing insanely well, aslmost 50% of the top 15.

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Pete - 2016-08-12 19:54

I will take a snapshot of the results at 21:00 but due to the fact I'm preparing for the British 24hr there might be some delay in me posting them. I apologise for that but hopefully it won't affect anything too much.

Cheers,

Pete

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Ras - 2016-08-12 20:03

No problem.

Good run until now everyone! Wink

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - KooKoo - 2016-08-15 10:45

I do not like the idea of a private host for gumball, its really quiet and theres nothing entertaining going on in the server like chases and all. It's much more fun when its kind of crowded or full. Most of the gumballers are even playing on server two right now, yesterday server one was empty for a while.

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - Borja - 2016-08-15 11:12

I have been 2 hours on server 2 , and got loot of troubles.

I think that its really enjoyable to have a server for Gumballers, its a great experience.

RE: Gumball 2016 - Discussion - KooKoo - 2016-08-15 11:22

Yes that's because your not gumball-ing. Your doing chases.