[TC] Gaming Forums
My Summer Car [Available Now] - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: My Summer Car [Available Now] (/showthread.php?tid=17015)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Tibe - 2016-10-29 20:16

(2016-10-29 19:53)Skoda Wrote:  Can anyone tell me where the chuffing fan belt is?

You need to buy it from the shop. It costs 295mk iirc.

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Audiojack - 2016-10-29 20:42

Today was MOT inspection day for me.

[Image: zEUKsI5.jpg]

[Image: z7e0ZpS.jpg]

[Image: 04WUMLF.jpg]

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Nathan - 2016-10-29 20:46

Do you just turn up for the Mot or need to book it ?

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Audiojack - 2016-10-29 20:58

(2016-10-29 20:46)Nathan Wrote:  Do you just turn up for the Mot or need to book it ?

You'll just drive the car on the ramps there and pay, no need to book in advance. It costs three hundred something.

E: Protip btw, you'll need to take the warning triangle off the back of the tractor and put it in the trunk of the Satsuma before the inspection. Biggrin

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Nathan - 2016-10-29 21:03

cool, got it turning over just need to adjust tappets any tips

also backfiring before it starts

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Audiojack - 2016-10-29 21:14

(2016-10-29 21:03)Nathan Wrote:  cool, got it turning over just need to adjust tappets any tips

also backfiring before it starts

I've noticed that the backfire usually comes from lean mixture, maybe rich as well but I haven't tried to put it too rich on purpose W00t

Adjusting the valve lash is tricky, but I found out it could be easiest to scroll each one down like ~20 times and then start going up from there until they quiet down. They turn indefinitely but the adjustment doesn't really.

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Nathan - 2016-10-29 21:16

ye so i need the engine running to adjust that, so basically adjust carb then once its running then
adjust valve lash

which way on the carb is more fuel

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Audiojack - 2016-10-29 21:30

(2016-10-29 21:16)Nathan Wrote:  ye so i need the engine running to adjust that, so basically adjust carb then once its running then
adjust valve lash

which way on the carb is more fuel

Tbh I can't even remember, since I tuned it with the AFR gauge from the beginning... I would check for you but my save is so far from home without the car W00t

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Nathan - 2016-10-29 22:52

got it half working doesnt seem to have much power..

how do you repair body panels and windscreens

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Audiojack - 2016-10-29 23:06

(2016-10-29 22:52)Nathan Wrote:  got it half working doesnt seem to have much power..

how do you repair body panels and windscreens

You can kinda get them straight with the hammer like Jeremy Clarkson, but really you'll need to take the car to the Leif Fleetari car repair shop in Loppe.

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Renegade - 2016-10-30 01:46

Large gif in the spoiler, Imgur link

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Bez - 2016-10-30 06:48

There were a few bug fixes a couple of days ago:

-Possible fix for phantom hit-and-run death
-Towing rope cannot be attached to same car
-Dead player spawns now back at home
-Added 'Mortal' text to player HUD to indicate whether permadeath is ON (to debug if there is issue in the main menu selection)
-Removed underlying save encryption to possibly help save/load issues (I suggest to backup saves just in case)
-Added running, default button is 'Left Shift'
-Truck crap hose will detach itself if too much force is applied, should help truck NOT to launch into stratosphere
-Changed Repair Shop order duration to time instead of date to avoid bug that caused way too long delivery times
-Fixed issue with front wheel brake nuts not saving their state correctly
-Fixed issue with clutch assembly where 'clutch cover plate' became stuck on to 'flywheel'
-Fixed spark plug assembly issue, check your spark plugs just in case
-Made truck stop moving when player moves in the cockpit
-Dart gets now removed from the map after job is done
-Another fix for pouring fluids, should work correctly now
-Increased efficiency of mosquito spray

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Audiojack - 2016-10-30 06:53

At this point in the development, while the game is still in early access, everyone should also keep their eye on those patch notes. The changelog can be found in the game installation folder and the Steam news page.

This is because some updates could also potentially break things W00t

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Owl - 2016-10-30 06:58

Does anyone know how the tractor works? I put it in N because it was night and it didn't move :/

Also I have encountered a weird bug and it's not my wheel. The force feedback all of a sudden just stopped working. Any ideas? Shall I reinstall the game?

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Tibe - 2016-10-30 07:55

(2016-10-30 06:58)Skoda Wrote:  Does anyone know how the tractor works? I put it in N because it was night and it didn't move :/

Also I have encountered a weird bug and it's not my wheel. The force feedback all of a sudden just stopped working. Any ideas? Shall I reinstall the game?

The FFB rarely works for me, so I would just wait for a fix.

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Audiojack - 2016-10-30 08:02

(2016-10-30 06:58)Skoda Wrote:  Does anyone know how the tractor works? I put it in N because it was night and it didn't move :/

The FFB doesn't really work. It's only fully implemented on the Satsuma and still glitchy. Most people I've seen just turn FFB off anyway.

About the tractor I didn't really understand what you mean? Use the gears and take the handbrake off, it should work. W00t If the vehicles stop moving despite having the gear on (especially the Satsuma) then it is a glitch in the game and you should save&quit and come back. I've had that two times with the Satsuma.

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Nathan - 2016-10-30 09:44

Ffb is OK if you turn ithe off in game and just open logitech profiler

Bit strong but works fine

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Audiojack - 2016-10-30 12:37

Mail order arrived, twin carbs and an aluminium radiator, I decided to tune these a little rich at idle (~14.3) so the mixture will stay in range when at high rpm (went to about 14.9 so far at WOT on my test drive.) I don't want to burn my virtual pistons after all. W00t

[Image: XzooyVm.jpg]

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Roba - 2016-10-30 16:57

Aj feels like home at this game, only difference is the car is different and he has money Biggrin

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Tibe - 2016-10-30 17:19

Now I've got a problem that the car goes into gear, but it doesn't or stall even when I put it on gear. It happened after the last update, because I was able to drive the car to the garage, and now I can't drive it out.