[TC] Gaming Forums
User Report Information [READ BEFORE POSTING] - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Users Reporting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: User Report Information [READ BEFORE POSTING] (/showthread.php?tid=1)

User Report Information [READ BEFORE POSTING] - Gaming - 2011-09-30 23:07

SUBMITTING A USER REPORT

Before you post a user report, we ask that you read the following information.

YOU SHOULD NOT FORUM REPORT WHEN:
  • The user broke a one-off minor rule which didn't hinder anyone's gameplay,
  • The user was polite and stopped when notified about the rule (provided the original rule-break wasn't too severe).
IMPORTANT NOTICE: You should always try talking to rule-breakers first. A lot of problems can be resolved by politely talking to people. With that being said, severe rule-breaks should still be reported after.

YOU SHOULD FORUM REPORT WHEN:
  • The user broke a very serious rule (e.g. continuous intentional ramming, being racist/very abusive, using hacks) and any other time when the user ruins - or has the potential of ruining - the gameplay of others,
  • The user became rude or simply did not care upon being told that they were breaking the rules.
These lists may not necessarily include every scenario.

Please:
  • Include all the relevant evidence. Admins have access to the chatlog. Please be advised that due to LFS limitations, no InSim-related messages and displays will show up in replays.
  • Ensure your report is written accurately whilst maintaining relevance to the incident. Make it easy for the [TC] Member who has to deal with it!
  • Review the Reporting Rule-Breakers and getting Help part of the server rules.
  • Use the following code format - write your answers AFTER the [/b] tags:

Code:
[size=large][b]Users Involved[/b][/size]
[hr]
[b]Your LFS Username:[/b]

[b]Their LFS Username(s):[/b]
[b]Their In-game Nickname(s):[/b]

[hr]
[size=large][b]Incident Information[/b][/size]
[hr]
[b]Date of Incident:[/b]
[b]Time of Incident:[/b]

[b]Description of Incident (Include Timestamps):[/b]

[b]Description of your conversation with this user(s) about their conduct, including their reaction to your messages:[/b]

[hr]
[size=large][b]Evidence[/b][/size]
[hr]
[b]Replay / Screenshot Link(s):[/b]

[hr]
[size=large][b]Confirmation[/b][/size]
[hr]
[b]Do you confirm that your User Report meets all standards outlined in the [url=https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1]User Report Information thread[/url]?[/b]

Example Report:

Quote:Users Involved

Your LFS Username: Cruiser1

Their LFS Username(s): Cruiser2
Their In-game Nickname(s): C R U I S E R 2

Incident Information

Date of Incident: 29th October 2015
Time of Incident: Roughly 14:15 GMT.

Description of Incident (Include Timestamps):
- 1:56: User rams me. You can see that he fully accelerates into the rear of my car. He even steers into my direction.
- 2:05: User insults me by calling me an "idiot".

Description of your conversation with this user(s) about their conduct, including their reaction to your messages:
At 2:25, I confront the user and tell him about the rules, but he says "I do not care". This shows a report is required.

Evidence

Replay / Screenshot Link(s): https://hostr.co/g0gijXqYOGHS

Confirmation

Do you confirm that your User Report meets all standards outlined in the User Report Information thread? Yes

Place to upload replays / screenshots: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=20150

Thanks,

~ [TC] CityDriving

RE: User Report Information [READ BEFORE POSTING] - BP - 2018-11-21 08:30

Please note that the format for reporting users has been amended to make it easier for users to fill in and for admins to read.

RE: User Report Information [READ BEFORE POSTING] - BP - 2024-04-07 07:41

Please note that we have amended the User Reporting template.

Reports that are currently open do not need to be changed. New reports must use the updated format.