[TC] Gaming Forums
street racing - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: street racing (/showthread.php?tid=10010)

street racing - Barney - 2013-12-25 11:30

I'd like to introduce an idea of insim-based street racing. I know it could be done by chattin or teamspeak,
but this is kind of not satisfying, due to false starts, doubts who really won, people scaming/not paying, just leaving or whatsoever.
Also i think there are many players that arent as skilled as the cops and therefore just dont run from the police as they wouldnt have a chance, especially with called backup. This would aswell give the oppotunity to race with lowpowered cars, as most cops are on duty with the fz5.

Basically (also to keep the coding to a minimum) it's just modified verison of the police chase for civilians.
in short (whereupon the values still could be discussed):
-two drivers must be in a range 10m
-driverA types !challenge driverB
-driverB types !accept driverA
-driverA (as he challenged) drives off
-as soon as he is 50m ahead race starts and cant be cancelled

end conditions:
-driverA is ahead 200m for ten seconds and wins
-driverB is closer than 25m for ten seconds
-autobust/-loose like in police chase(spec, pit, leave...)

optional thoughts:
-driver looses when stopped by police
-instead of fixed amount(maybe EUR 300) drivers can decide by !challenge driverB 500
-variable win-/loosedistances according to carclasse(200m advantage in an uf1 should be hard)

I think the mainidea is clear and i'm sure i missed lot of points, but before going too much into detail i'd like to know
-if theres genrel interst in this kind of idea?
-what TC thinks about it?
-if its realizable, chuck?

regards, Barney

RE: street racing - BP - 2013-12-25 12:05

I personally feel this kind of thing has no place in a Cops n' Robbers/Cruise server. If you want to race, you can always go on a racing server.

I think this is too much work for something which doesn't solely belong here. But this is just my opinion, others will possibly think differently.

Nice effort though.

RE: street racing - Dan - 2013-12-25 12:06

Whilst I appreciate you composing such a well structured implementation for the InSim, quite frankly, if you want to race, go to a race server. Moreover, whilst not wanting to come across as arrogant, surely the fact that the servers are merely for cruising (and cops n robbers) would say something.

RE: street racing - Bez - 2013-12-25 12:33

Very nice idea Barney, its just a shame it doesn't fit into what TC offer in their servers. As Daniel said TC is mainly a cruise/cops & robbers server. You can host your own games with friends though! Just don't get caught by the police patrolling the server!

RE: street racing - Edwin - 2013-12-25 12:35

Good idea but the idea will not fit in the theme of the servers. The server is a cops and robbers server so the main focus of the server is for chases. Racing can easily be accessible on race servers not on this server.

RE: street racing - Val - 2013-12-25 12:58

You still can organize some illegal street races event, behind the cops, with all the available commands (!l, !ch, etc...) but take care, If I see this kind of event, I will catch you, one per one, criminals ! It is up to you to make it as discret as possible. Tongue

RE: street racing - Barney - 2013-12-25 13:57

well, seems to be a consistent opinion 'bout this.
to be honest i cant really understand. i'm aware the main focus is about cops n robbers, but i think the idea of a robber is becomin not enough attention. its just cruisin around and if u speed or wrongside u might get chased.
if you are not skilled enough, or dont have enough money for cars(or u drive with keyboard), theres just not much u can do... paying the fine, cruising and towing...
could also be a way of removing money wich i believe is plenty around. both pay 330, winner gets 600.
and u cant compare races on raceservers to illegal streetraces on a cruise server. and still its called city driving, and in a lot of bigger citys there exist streetraces. its just very different from competionracing.

but, nevermind, was just an idea. happy holidays Smile

RE: street racing - Josh - 2013-12-25 18:06

I like the way this is structured. You've actually put quite a bit of effort into your posts which always helps.

I too don't see the need for a feature like this (although it's a decent suggestion). You can hold your own races via chat, and run them how you want. For example you might want to do a drag race or a set circuit etc.

RE: street racing - Pete - 2013-12-25 19:08

I'll second what Josh said, all of these race conditions can be simulated there or there about's without InSim commands, making up your own routes and wagers is far more fun than having to organise it via commands.