[TC] Gaming Forums
other laungauge - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: other laungauge (/showthread.php?tid=10011)

other laungauge - Jimmy - 2013-12-25 11:53

I was thinking if some people is talking other laungauge then english, could they not be fined for speaking other laungauge?
Like if someone spam they got fined.

not a big deal but some people thinks its annyoing when others dont speak english.

sorry bad english

RE: other laungauge - Kayla - 2013-12-25 11:59

It's already against the rules, not to speak English in the main chat. So if an admin is online the users failing to do so are already being told to write English, warned or even kicked. I don't think a fine is needed there aswell.

RE: other laungauge - Dan - 2013-12-25 12:00

It'll be highy unlikely - the words in the swear filter have to be set/defined - there is no way you can go through every word in every language. Thereotically it'll be possible, but imagine how much work the aforementioned would require.

RE: other laungauge - BP - 2013-12-25 12:11

I don't like the idea.

As has been mentioned, it is unfeasible to go through every word in every language. You could argue that you'd only have to go through the English words and that anything "not English" would be fineable, however that would cause fines left right and centre due to spelling mistakes etc., so you would really have to go through all the languages - an almost impossible task.

Also, you could quite easily use foreign words (accidentally, typos etc.) due to some words being very similar in other languages.

Overall, an unfeasible idea.

RE: other laungauge - Jimmy - 2013-12-25 12:21

Yeah dident think about that way neither but you can close this thread if you want to.