[TC] Gaming Forums
[Implemented] [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [Implemented] [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation (/showthread.php?tid=10387)

Pages: 1 2

[MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Patriick - 2014-01-17 21:33

Hey, i was wondering as i see so much TOWS and MEDS speeding and wrongsiding etc. if they can get their rights revoked for being a MED or TOW.

because i look at MEDS and TOWS the same way as a COP,
a "COP" shouldn't speed or even wrongside.

but MEDS and TOWS are doing the opposite, because they are wrongsiding and speeding.

isn't it an idea to have people their MED or TOW rights revoked if they do this too much?.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Pipa - 2014-01-17 21:42

I would be all for it, but we would need to introduce proper rules for them. At the moment we only have guidelines.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Patriick - 2014-01-17 21:45

Okay, true story Pipa, isn't there a possibility to have a Head TOW guy and a Head MED guy and get some rules like the cops have?

Maybe that could be possible.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Connor - 2014-01-17 21:50

There were loads of discussions on this before. Personally, I'd strongly +1 this idea as there are too many 'noob' MEDs/TOWs who do use this role just as an alternative to copping. I understand there are some serious ones who do it for roleplaying purposes and some people do it for the extra money but we need to clamp down on those who are in that small minority of people who aren't, to put it bluntly, good.

There was also the suggestion of when MEDs/TOWs are responding to a call, they have an increased leeway as to when they are pulled over for speeding which is one idea I again, strongly +1.

Anyway, just my two cents there. Wink

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Warped - 2014-01-17 21:57

Well there are basically more rules for COPs i.e revocations, because they have more responsibility. I'm 50/50 with this idea though.

Many new TOWs or MEDs break the rules e.g !caution+ when responding to the accident scene. How would the TOWs or MEDs regain their rights after they have lost them? Is a new training programme difficult or time-consuming to plan?

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Patriick - 2014-01-17 22:00

It's nice to see that everyone voted for yes allready since more people think this is an issue.

(2014-01-17 21:57)entY Wrote:  Well there are basically more rules for COPs i.e revocations, because they have more responsibility. I'm 50/50 with this idea though.

Many new TOWs or MEDs break the rules i.e !caution+ when responding to the accident scene. How would the TOWs or MEDs regain their rights after they have lost them? Is a new training programme difficult or time-consuming to plan?

I understand your point but there should be some real rules instead of guidelines and yes idk if there will be some kind of training, i personally would say that the rights should get revoked for a certain amount of time and after 3 times revocation no rights at all anymore or a sort of training indeed but that should be looked into if this idea would be accepted

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Josh - 2014-01-17 22:27

I would personally prefer to issue normal punishments (warnings, kicks & bans) if people are breaking rules in this way.

If we introduce rights for TOWs/MED/RES, then we'd also need to devise a training program and volunteers to train people - which I don't see working.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Savy - 2014-01-17 22:50

Like Josh said, and I would prefer admins watching people who ram others rather than admins wasting time watching someone to see if they speed as a TOW.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Pipa - 2014-01-17 22:58

(2014-01-17 22:27)Josh Wrote:  if people are breaking rules in this way.

He isn't really talking about breaking rules, since speeding and going on the wrong side aren't against the rules as such.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Connor - 2014-01-17 23:20

(2014-01-17 22:58)Pipa Wrote:  

He isn't really talking about breaking rules, since speeding and going on the wrong side aren't against the rules as such.

Yeah, breaking road rules is different.

I personally think the idea of revoking their rights for a set time is good. Then they don't get rights back after too many revocations. Serves em right. Tongue

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - BP - 2014-01-17 23:21

(2014-01-17 22:58)Pipa Wrote:  

But surely these would be called rules if the punishment is a revocation?

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Pipa - 2014-01-17 23:28

Well obviously his aim is to have mainly MEDs to behave realistically as they do in real life.
A med not heading to a call will not be allowed to break road laws, however with just guidelines in place and not proper rules we can not really enforce that behaviour.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Morreboy - 2014-01-17 23:32

I think this is a very good idea! +1

I have being towing in along time, and i have also made a thread before with this, so of course i say +1, there are alot of people who really wanna be a tow but dont know how, then i suggest lets help them so they can have fun on server, then there is the persons who only does it for money so they just put SIREN and Caution on and then driving 200 km/t to the accident scene, ramming people alot when u say stop they dont understand so this where u can get rights revoked thats a good idea, and some training would also be great, as i have said before in earlier threads "I would with pleasure help with the training" maybe im sucks as a cop but Towing, thats something im really good at!

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Snake - 2014-01-18 00:29

TC is based on cops vs robbers, MED's and TOW's are basically civillians and pure roleplay. They should be glad to have commands like !caution and such. You would need a way to give them the rights back, means you need trainers and a training program. We would need to watch every TOW and MED if they're following the laws, it's just another bunch of work.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Howlin - 2014-01-18 00:49

i like the idea but im with snake, savy, josh etc despite all my past complaints at the towing system.
Simply taking somebodys Tow rights away will not solve the problem, it will require training and as has been said, will require alot of work and a new training team etc. Without that they would just come back and do the same thing again.
But idk, maybe if some people would be willing a training team for towing could be set up.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Weelob - 2014-01-18 01:19

I think we all need to think back.

I really did enjoy TOW'ing before I was able to COP. I think the whole idea of TOW'ing being able for anyone to do, is really introducing people to the servers. If we set too many rules, I don't think we will be able to continue the growth.

Yeah there may be some really bad TOW'ers, but at least they are trying their best. Not everybody knows how to properly TOW on their first day, and I don't think any of us really did. TOW'ing is a great opportunity to interact with other players if you're new, and therefore communicating with other players, slowly beginning to like the servers and may even be the new Pete who knows.

If we set rules, there would be too much administrative work to be done. As Street said, if they are seriously breaking the rules and doesn't stop after a few warning, then a kick or ban if necessary, is needed.

Let people have fun and let them get introduced to the servers.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Barney - 2014-01-18 01:56

+0.5 from me. definately some things need improvement, although i sometimes like how the tows fight for a job and just ramm a wrecked car from both sides. at the same time. full throttle Biggrin
i dont see anything wrong in tows speeding, as they do it in real life and can be stopped by cops. its their own risk.

but maybe the easiest way could be like:
-tows could/should have a minimum of for example 1500km or 2k km. so you can do it before copping, but not right away.
-also they could maybe get the speding warning like cops. (i've not seen it cause i never was a cop, but i was told there is a warning) shouldnt be a big effort i guess?!

and not really on topic, but related:
i dont really see a point for MEDs. i mean they are actually the same as tows. they cant do anything else. and i really dont like them using horn4 aswell. sometimes irritating when i think cops are approaching, but its only a MED...
so whats the point of a MED? People just use MED, cause they wnat to tow and use horn4.
i would appreciate to get rid of MEDs or forbid horn4 for them

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Connor - 2014-01-18 09:08

(2014-01-18 01:56)Barney Wrote:  and not really on topic, but related:
i dont really see a point for MEDs. i mean they are actually the same as tows. they cant do anything else. and i really dont like them using horn4 aswell. sometimes irritating when i think cops are approaching, but its only a MED...
so whats the point of a MED? People just use MED, cause they wnat to tow and use horn4.
i would appreciate to get rid of MEDs or forbid horn4 for them

Actually, a lot of people go MED (including me) purely for the roleplaying side of things. If people want to go MED for this reason then I think it would be a bit unfair if you just took away the MED for good.

Concerning this argument, I know I'd be more than happy to monitor MEDs/TOWs and be part of a training programme and I'm sure a lot of other experienced MEDs/TOWs would feel the same way. Smile

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Barney - 2014-01-18 10:14

welllll... sry, wasnt meant to sound harsh and wasnt meant to sound like "take MEDs away". was pretty drunk last night Wink
but still i dont see a point of being a MED at the moment, cause they are just tows.
sure, the roleplaything is fun, but then i think there should be a difference between meds and tows.
maybe MEDs could be allowed to speed to secure a crashscene, but if a TOW answers a call too, they aren't allowed to tow...

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Connor - 2014-01-18 11:01

(2014-01-18 10:14)Barney Wrote:  welllll... sry, wasnt meant to sound harsh and wasnt meant to sound like "take MEDs away". was pretty drunk last night Wink
but still i dont see a point of being a MED at the moment, cause they are just tows.
sure, the roleplaything is fun, but then i think there should be a difference between meds and tows.
maybe MEDs could be allowed to speed to secure a crashscene, but if a TOW answers a call too, they aren't allowed to tow...

Well, in roleplaying situations, usually it would be the TOW that secures the scene with a !hazard put up and then the MED would do the towing. That would be the main difference (if they are two 'proper' MEDs/TOWs)