[TC] Gaming Forums
[Implemented] [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [Implemented] [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation (/showthread.php?tid=10387)

Pages: 1 2

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Johan. - 2014-01-18 11:12

Uhm, Connor, weren't the MED's just to support the TOW's instead of the other way around?

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Bez - 2014-01-18 12:09

In my view I think TC should ditch the TOWs and improve the RES and MED's. Police/HwA should be called out to a crash scene to close the road/make the area safe. If no police are online of course flip the car with extreme caution.

Hazard should be set up if vehicles are in the road with a roadblock until the flipped car is off the road/on its way to pits. People need to respect Hazards more, as 8 times out of 10 they just drive past barely slowing down.

Maybe Police could be introduced with a !+close !-close to set up a warning on screen with the current location stating the road is closed. Would also have a visual behind the car with something like SLOW > ROAD CLOSED rotating with nice big red words and black and red flashing dots. (Simulating cops rear reds on the strobe bar)

Possibly with the road closure to add a solid object on track (Long red and white) to be positioned the same as the speedbump traps idea Val had. This could get abused but since its Police only their rights would get revoked/kick/ban for insim abuse.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Connor - 2014-01-18 13:20

(2014-01-18 11:12)Johan. Wrote:  Uhm, Connor, weren't the MED's just to support the TOW's instead of the other way around?

Well it's just that TOWs have the !hazard bind and MEDs don't so it's better for them to secure the scene in my eyes.

Also, I'd +1 Bez's idea. If it's not too much work?

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Morreboy - 2014-01-18 14:34

Quote:Concerning this argument, I know I'd be more than happy to monitor MEDs/TOWs and be part of a training programme and I'm sure a lot of other experienced MEDs/TOWs would feel the same way. Smile

I got your back Biggrin i think it could be fun but of course there will be some more work but maybe put it on a trail periode ?

Bez i really like that idea too, alot of people just pass the !caution or the !hazzard and then cause a crash because we TOW/MED/RES are just going to flip the vehicles. It could be fun if the road could be closed but maybe just with some barrier or rail so u can go through, Thats unlegal of course. I just made something [Image: 2dhac0l.jpg] maybe this could be it? we can just remove something if its to big

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Bez - 2014-01-18 14:52

The railings on their own would be a good idea, the speedbumps are unneeded and look messy. Same goes for the pylons. Possibly something like this;

[Image: 6pdbN.png]

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Morreboy - 2014-01-18 14:53

It was just something fancy Wink but the rails was the idea

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Dan - 2014-01-18 14:53

One issue that crops up every time we think of an idea that involves implementing objects is the lack of space for them. Counting the number in your picture, Morreboy, there are ten. Think of two roads being closed at the same time, that's twenty. We struggle for two roadblocks at times (5[?] x 2 = 10) so, well, yeah.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Morreboy - 2014-01-18 14:56

Daniel i get the point Wink but it was like Bez idea i tried to make it, but maybe only have rails?

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Dan - 2014-01-18 15:02

I prefer Bez's idea, it looks slightly more realistic imo. Though I think the tyres should be replaced with cones of some sort.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Bez - 2014-01-18 15:12

Even something as simple as this could work.

[Image: 6pe9G.png]

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Sadie - 2014-01-18 15:43

But the problem is that when i are cop, i sometimes respond to a call, but i know i cant use siren and that so 70% of the time i have done that i came to the crash/call too late. If just cops was allowed to use sirens when responding.. Like IRL. Some cops do use the siren (also some tows).

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Morreboy - 2014-01-18 16:37

Hmm... Adrian u got a point, but i think there have been a thread with that?

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Marty - 2014-01-18 22:37

Not this discussion again...
I MED a lot (If I am good at it, you decide), and I do it for the roleplay mainly.
To be honest, when I MED, I don't constantly stick to the speedlimit, as I cruise around (when I don't respond to a call), but I will accept the consequences of it when I get chased or pulled over.
I think concerning the level of experience: If you start towing or Medding, you have to learn.
There certainly are some people who I tried to tow and became oob. That can happen, and of course, as you don't have not much experience yet, it will happen more often.

Personally, I think that the people who really like Towing/Medding (Me, Bruno, Connor and a few others), maybe they could be a mentor/trainer to the new people?
I also noticed some teams (I know it of RDSR, I thought GFC as well), have their own Med/Tow tag.
Is it possible to do 1 big MED/TOW team, which people can attend to? A bit like the AA in Britain, so to speak. Wink For example: TCM for Med, TCT for Tow? (I know those names are too close to [TC], but you get the idea.

In terms of siren and speed: Well, of course, there will always be some people who breach those things and abuse them. I guess we can all look after it, and of course, when a penalty (kick/ban) is needed, it should be given. But I think the way it goes right now is quite good, so why not stick to it?

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Morreboy - 2014-01-18 22:47

(2014-01-18 22:37)Maarten_E Wrote:  Personally, I think that the people who really like Towing/Medding (Me, Bruno, Connor and a few others AND MORREBOY! Biggrin), maybe they could be a mentor/trainer

I cant really understand your idea maarten? why dont we just use the names that we have now?

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Marty - 2014-01-18 23:33

Because it would be a bit easier to control who is MEDding/Towing.
So there could be in house training, and that sort of thing.
Sometimes a new MED/TOW pops out of the blue, wants to help (which is nice), but doesn't do it in a very good way. With one team, I think it is easier to help people.

I wouldn't want it to be a selection of the best TOWs/MEDs or something (not at all), but to be sure there will be more control over the quality of the MEDs/TOWs.
So 1 organisation concerning TOW/MED, and they can educate the new people, to avoid people just putting the MED/TOW tag in front of their name and do horrible carnage. Wink

Now it is that some people are over at RDSR, some at GFC, some are independent. It's not horrible, but I think it could be better if you can look after the quality of the TOWs/MEDs a bit better.

Morre, who is that guy?
Never heard of him... Wink Tongue

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Saphira - 2014-01-18 23:49

Where is [TOW] Protector when you need him..
Now he was a damn good [TOW] and was able to tow anyone, and show you how it is done in very little time without ramming.

RE: [MED] & [TOW] Rights Revocation - Morreboy - 2014-01-18 23:51

(2014-01-18 23:33)Maarten_E Wrote:  Morre, who is that guy?
Never heard of him... Wink Tongue

Nah, he´s also banned all the time because he is stupid Tongue Tongue Tongue

But again +1 for the idea of a tow/med/res training team