[TC] Gaming Forums
[Movie] Jackass presents: Bad Grandpa - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Shows & Movies (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: [Movie] Jackass presents: Bad Grandpa (/showthread.php?tid=10542)

[Movie] Jackass presents: Bad Grandpa - Sebas - 2014-01-29 15:32

[Image: hr_Jackass_Presents-_Bad_Grandpa_6.jpg]

Synopsis:

Eighty-six-year-old Irving Zisman is on a journey across America with the most unlikely companion: his eight-year-old grandson Billy, in "Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa". Jackass characters Irving Zisman (Johnny Knoxville) and Billy (Jackson Nicoll) will take movie audiences along for the most insane hidden camera road trip ever captured on camera. Along the way Irving will introduce the young and impressionable Billy to people, places, and situations that give new meaning to the term "childrearing". The duo will encounter male strippers, disgruntled child beauty pageant contestants (and their equally disgruntled mothers), funeral home mourners, biker bar patrons, and a whole lot of unsuspecting citizens. Real people in unreal situations, making for one really messed up comedy.

Trailer

This is from my personal point of view. I grew up watching Jackass, Bam Margera and all the stuff from "Dickhouse". I was 14 at the time and laughed a lot. Now that i'm 27, i'm looking for a more "mature" type of fun. I wasnt deceived when I watched Bad Grandpa. Sure, the pranks and the maturity of some skits are less than ideal but it gets the job done. I feel like they did this movie to close an era to Jackass. Most of the actors are getting older, some of them already died (RIP Ryan Dunn) and it's time to start something else. I think they did the best they could with this movie. There's a little story line to link all the pranks together and it fits fairly well. Some of them are really funny, some are immature but overall you will laugh.

Critics gave it a 6.8 and I think it should have been ranked higher. They missed the whole point of the movie in my opinion. This movie was made for people like me: the 27 year old that grew up watching Jackass.

RE: [Movie] Jackass presents: Bad Grandpa - Cola - 2014-01-29 15:36

I watched that movie with my brothers a few months ago, and I can only recommend it. Watching it around friends/family is probably better than watching it on yourself, but depends.

RE: [Movie] Jackass presents: Bad Grandpa - Weelob - 2014-01-29 16:56

Yeah those kind of movies are more fun when you are with somebody else, but still watchable alone. I enjoyed it very much and would give it 9/10.