[TC] Gaming Forums
Question about illegal parking - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Help Requests & Technical Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Question about illegal parking (/showthread.php?tid=10555)

Question about illegal parking - Lcee - 2014-01-30 11:42

Hello,

I want to get a point clearified if that is possible about 'illegal parking'.

When you, as cop, see someone who is illegal parked and you are on him in !chase mode (not failing to stop yet) and the suspect is driving off after you ask him to move, in my opinion you should do !leave because he is going on, right?

Today (I don't want to offend the cop and I wont use names, but I want to clearify this point because I don't understand this) a cop asked a player to move when he was in !chase mode, the suspect drove off and did not stop, the cop kept following him and the suspect failed to stop, which in my eyes is unfair because the suspect drove away from the illegal parking spot when he got asked to move. I think the cop should've !leave the chase instead of following him and fining him for failing to stop afterwards.
I don't see the point of moving from an illegal parking spot and stop a few meters further which would probably be illegal parking aswell.

Could anyone give a clear answer why this is not against the rules?

Thanks and regards,
Lcee

RE: Question about illegal parking - Ras - 2014-01-30 11:45

That is obviously not allowed. It's pretty much abusing the cop rights.

RE: Question about illegal parking - Chuck - 2014-01-30 12:10

Yes, that's actual abuse. However, the cop should have asked to move *before* doing !chase, since the accused hasn't technically done anything fine-able yet. Only if he fails to cooperate, a !chase would be necessary.

RE: Question about illegal parking - Lcee - 2014-01-30 13:15

I see, well according to Snake the situation was legal. Thanks anyway for the clarification!

RE: Question about illegal parking - Connor - 2014-01-30 13:24

I would tell them to move and if they did not comply, I'd chase them. If they then drove away then there's two arguments here. In one way, it's their fault for not seeing the obvious 'Please wait for police instructions' but in another way, the cop could !leave the chase. In my eyes, they had been illegally parked before the initial chase so really, they should get be fined; and deserve a fine for failure to stop if they just drive away.

RE: Question about illegal parking - Pipa - 2014-01-30 13:34

(2014-01-30 13:24)Connor Wrote:  I would tell them to move and if they did not comply, I'd chase them. If they then drove away then there's two arguments here. In one way, it's their fault for not seeing the obvious 'Please wait for police instructions' but in another way, the cop could !leave the chase. In my eyes, they had been illegally parked before the initial chase so really, they should get be fined; and deserve a fine for failure to stop if they just drive away.

Rules are pretty clear on that:

rules Wrote:4.6. Parking

Cops are not allowed to fine other users for improper parking immediately. The cop must first ask the driver to move along. If a user fails to respond or move, a parking fine may issued once.

So once you have asked him to move and he failed to respond when you gave him enough time to do so, you may chase and fine him. If he comes back while you are fining him and drives away, it is perfectly fine to chase him.

RE: Question about illegal parking - Snake - 2014-01-30 13:35

The suspect drove off with a burnout, he was speeding afterwards and failed to stop. I fail to see any point which says the cop needs to leave the chase after the illegal parked car moved (without saying anything). There was no abuse or whatever, it was a legal chase and it doesn't matter anyways why the chase was started since the suspect failed to stop. That's a complete different fine and reason.

RE: Question about illegal parking - Savy - 2014-01-30 13:38

(2014-01-30 12:10)Chuck Wrote:  Yes, that's actual abuse. However, the cop should have asked to move *before* doing !chase, since the accused hasn't technically done anything fine-able yet. Only if he fails to cooperate, a !chase would be necessary.

Surely if a cop types !chase and then asks the person to move, the person is more likely the see the message because they will have a massive SIREN on their screen. Instead of a small text in the top left corner asking them "move". Imo there is no harm in a cop typing !chase just to get the persons attention and then typing !leave if they move their car.

RE: Question about illegal parking - Chuck - 2014-01-30 14:12

And the text says "stop police", that's confusing and counter-productive. So what now? Shall he stop or move?

RE: Question about illegal parking - Warped - 2014-01-30 14:21

(2014-01-30 14:12)Chuck Wrote:  And the text says "stop police", that's confusing and counter-productive. So what now? Shall he stop or move?

If one's not moving, one's not getting the "stop police".

RE: Question about illegal parking - Josh - 2014-01-30 14:41

I sometimes type !chase and then !lost if the suspect moves off.

I sometimes just ask them to move on.

It mainly depends of I think they are actually there or not when I pull up behind them.

RE: Question about illegal parking - Ras - 2014-01-30 14:56

(2014-01-30 13:35)Snake Wrote:  The suspect drove off with a burnout, he was speeding afterwards and failed to stop. I fail to see any point which says the cop needs to leave the chase after the illegal parked car moved (without saying anything). There was no abuse or whatever, it was a legal chase and it doesn't matter anyways why the chase was started since the suspect failed to stop. That's a complete different fine and reason.
If a cop pulls up behind a illegally parked car, does !chase, ask them to move on and the suspect does move off, then the cop would be abusing his rights by chasing him anyway and fining him for failure to stop, since the suspect just did what he was asked to in the first place.

Sure, if the suspect broke another law as well, the cop can chase, but the OP doesn't state this was the case.

RE: Question about illegal parking - Savy - 2014-01-30 15:05

(2014-01-30 14:12)Chuck Wrote:  And the text says "stop police", that's confusing and counter-productive. So what now? Shall he stop or move?

In your first post you said the person who is illegally parked and gets chased isn't doing anything fine-able. Being illegally parked is the reason for the chase and can be fined? So the !chase is perfectly fine surely?

RE: Question about illegal parking - Snake - 2014-01-30 15:17

(2014-01-30 14:56)Ras Wrote:  ...
Sure, if the suspect broke another law as well, the cop can chase, but the OP doesn't state this was the case.

Exactly this was the case, I was online at that time and that's the reason why I said the chase was legal.

RE: Question about illegal parking - Bez - 2014-01-30 15:42

I myself follow this order:
  1. Ask to move and wait 30 seconds.
  2. Use !chase command and ask to move one more time and wait 30 seconds.
  3. Issue fine for illegal parking.
-User drives off without paying fine-
  1. Chase user.

Simple.

RE: Question about illegal parking - Chuck - 2014-01-30 16:19

(2014-01-30 15:05)Savy Wrote:  In your first post you said the person who is illegally parked and gets chased isn't doing anything fine-able. Being illegally parked is the reason for the chase and can be fined? So the !chase is perfectly fine surely?

Failing to move is the fineable part. Or why would you initiate a chase on someone who *might* do anything fineable in future and if not, cancel it. Lol

(2014-01-30 14:21)entY Wrote:  

If one's not moving, one's not getting the "stop police".

Well, 5 seconds after the suspect drives off, the "stop police" will come up in chat and in big letters on the suspect's screen. Not ideal.

RE: Question about illegal parking - Lcee - 2014-01-30 17:33

(2014-01-30 13:35)Snake Wrote:  The suspect drove off with a burnout, he was speeding afterwards and failed to stop. I fail to see any point which says the cop needs to leave the chase after the illegal parked car moved (without saying anything). There was no abuse or whatever, it was a legal chase and it doesn't matter anyways why the chase was started since the suspect failed to stop. That's a complete different fine and reason.

The main reason was illegal parking, in my eyes he should've left the chase and started a new one for indeed, the next offensive maneuvre. This can cause confusion for a suspect because as far as he knows, he is getting chased for illegal parking. Like I said ingame, the chase was legal but I did not get the point, that is what I wanted to get clarified.

(2014-01-30 15:42)Bez Wrote:  I myself follow this order:
  1. Ask to move and wait 30 seconds.
  2. Use !chase command and ask to move one more time and wait 30 seconds.
  3. Issue fine for illegal parking.
-User drives off without paying fine-
  1. Chase user.

Simple.

I don't need to get a 'How or When-to-chase-a-suspect-and-how-I-should-do-it-guide', I wanted a clarification that was already given here, no need to play good cop bad cop in here. Thumbup

RE: Question about illegal parking - Tommer - 2014-03-22 11:58

I don't think Snake was in the wrong here.

Quote:However, the cop should have asked to move *before* doing !chase, since the accused hasn't technically done anything fine-able yet. Only if he fails to cooperate, a !chase would be necessary.

The above is something I don't think I've ever adhered to.

The way I've always seen it is if the suspect is illegally parked, even if I can't fine him for it, he is still breaking the law. Therefor, at the very least it warrants a warning, for which, like breaking any other law, the cop would pull you over to talk about before letting you go.

When a suspect commits an offence that I would warn him for, and then runs under !chase, I have never used !lost and a parking offence is no exception, in my opinion.

The instances where I would actually fine a user for illegal parking is when I have stopped to talk to them and they are either not there and can't agree to comply and move their vehicle, or they are there, and do not agree to comply with moving their vehicle. At which point I would then fine them.

Entertainingly, if they then pay their fine and stay there, well, there's literally nothing I can do about it Ohmy since I can't fine them twice for the same thing. Meaning now that they've been fined they've essentially paid for the right to park there illegally indefinitely without being bothered with another fine, that is, ofcourse unless an admin !pitlane 's them.

RE: Question about illegal parking - Chuck - 2014-03-22 13:13

A wise man once said, let the dead threads sleep.

RE: Question about illegal parking - Bez - 2014-03-22 14:15

Was that wise man you Chuck? Wink