[TC] Gaming Forums
Drift trike :) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Multimedia (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: Drift trike :) (/showthread.php?tid=10759)

Drift trike :) - Jappe - 2014-02-13 22:46

Well, not really a trike.. but sort of!

Me and a friend made ourselves a drift trike, starting from a bmx

At first, we ended up, having this: a drift trike with a bike wheel at the front, and 2 plastic PVC pipes over 2 rubber tires, for less grip
It was pretty fun, but the problem was, you always had to keep 1 hand off the steer, because you'd have to keep catching the rope. (Unless you speed up on a straight road, and then loose the rope and drift. But that didn't end well, hehe.)

So what we then made, was a 2nd model of our drift trike.

What we did: add a 50cc engine from a Honda Amigo underneath it! Well, not exactly, we had to build a new one because it didnt fit on the first one. Results are awesome, and alot of fun Smile It looks less fun than it is, its really nice Smile If you try to go fast and then drift, its really awesome, you can really throw the rear out Smile

Let me know what you think about it! Smile
Next time we will film it Smile
Anyone else build something like this?

RE: Drift trike :) - Weelob - 2014-02-13 22:47

Hahahaha that looks sweet! Would love to try that.

RE: Drift trike :) - Cola - 2014-02-14 00:17

Looks really fun. I'd be worried about getting jeans or feet caught in that front wheel at high speeds though. Tongue

RE: Drift trike :) - Jappe - 2014-02-15 09:45

Well if you don't put your feet into the wheel its all good Tongue The only thing i had, with the first trike, my legs where burned because i was wearing short pants, and my legs accidently touched the wheel.. Hmm Biggrin

RE: Drift trike :) - Pete - 2014-02-19 09:29

That looks like fun! Smile