[TC] Gaming Forums
Map rotation - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Map rotation (/showthread.php?tid=10892)

Map rotation - SeanProdTV - 2014-02-21 02:01

Hello guys , well , there few things on my mind , thought about sharing them , first , the servers , remeber how it use to be , like server one , jamcia , server two had sydney , i think it should go back ,
second thought , if we cant change it back to how it use to be , lets make a more frequent map rotation , like ever week , and at weekends something diffrent , third thought , maybe making a bit of a cruise on autocross , like make a real layout , i know its a bit small and cant get enough speed , but its not about speed its about fun , would be a lot fun to play there

RE: Map rotation - Josh - 2014-02-21 02:33

1. RE Split tracks. I think it will go back to one server full & one empty, especially when tracks like Montana, Weston or Sydney are on either server. People will chose the 'better' or more poplar track and populate that server and not the empty one. Tracks like Sydney will then go unused and those that actually like using them won't get to enjoy them properly.

2. RE More frequent rotations. I think 2 weeks is the most ideal. I have to admit it does go quickly - it only seems like a few days ago Montana was switched to Weston. Like above, those that can't come online regularly will only have a couple of days of their favourite track, and we like to give everyone a decent chance to fully enjoy their favourite tracks.

3. RE Autocross. I'd like to try something, perhaps going back to the original USA or a remade version. I know we previously had problems with InSim on an Autocross layout, but I can't remember if something was worked out. I don't know how appealing a USA style track would be these days now that we have open configs. That was always the thing we loved about USA that we didn't get with other tracks of that time - real junctions. However, the only real issues that might cause a problem is lesser performance for those using lower spec PCs (similar to Sydney), as well as trying to fit 32 people into a small space. We all know how bad trying to drive a lap can be on some of the larger tracks with some of the people we have coming online..

RE: Map rotation - Elmo - 2014-02-22 23:17

3. RE Autocross:
We originally couldn't put the InSim on the USA track, because the InSim used the track nodes - USA doesn't have any. Since the open configs came out, we stopped using the nodes so, in theory, we could write a config for USA or other AX tracks. The close proximity of multiple roads could maybe cause some reliability issues though.
Perhaps the biggest issue is that far fewer cars can be on track at the same time in AU*/BL3 - maximum of only 16 IIRC.