[TC] Gaming Forums
Autobahn - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Autobahn (/showthread.php?tid=1094)

Autobahn - Tommer - 2011-12-13 17:22

I was inspired recently by my new desktop background and some police chase video's on motorways to make a new layout which purely focused on the Autobahn.

At first sound, mind numbing circling the track comes into mind, but when you factor in the diverse speeds of traffic we'll have after the reset, Police cars etc I think it could be good fun. Smile

The layout is as the title suggests, just making use of the autobahn on Kyoto, I've implemented multiple sidings around the track which have Police (blue chalk) and Normal Parking (white), which allows cops to station themselves around the track and allows people to park together safely and have a chat.

Admittedly this track was built more with relaxed cruisers in mind as it's not very complicated, but I feel it's important [TC] has a diverse range of tracks so that every group gets there fill, even the small group who likes South City Tongue

The track makes use of the Pit inside the AB and traffic exits onto the inner ring - the slower one, and further down the track is a large junction where the roundabout normally is that people can turn around on to get onto the fast, uninterrupted ring.

I think it'll make more sense if you check it out for yourself so have a look! Tongue

RE: Autobahn - Josh - 2011-12-13 17:45

No screenies? Sad

RE: Autobahn - Kayla - 2011-12-13 17:57

The thing is, people will just speed on the outer ring and earn kilometers and therefor money like hell just for driving in a circle

RE: Autobahn - Tommer - 2011-12-13 18:20

That's what cops and a 100mph speed limit are there to counter Smile

RE: Autobahn - KaraK - 2011-12-13 18:26

I like it a lot Tommer Smile
But the arrows you made using line2 and a normal arrow look weird lol.

RE: Autobahn - ZsoLT - 2011-12-13 18:48

I always wanted something like that, I like it!
I hope I'll see this on the server. Would be nice! Smile

RE: Autobahn - Pioneer. - 2011-12-13 19:12

Fantastic layout, hope it gets used Biggrin so relaxing to cruise on as well, nice flowing feel Smile

RE: Autobahn - KaraK - 2011-12-13 19:23

Might be an idea to make it an S1 server, just like South City, just to reduce the amount of GTRs racing on it.
If this ever gets through Tongue

RE: Autobahn - ZsoLT - 2011-12-13 19:30

Or make 130km/h speed limit, and ppls won't driving with 300kph Biggrin

Or fix speedtrap somewhere?

RE: Autobahn - Cyanide Christ - 2011-12-13 19:54

Had a look on this layout. I really like the idea of police parkingspots. The intersections seemed good aswell, too bad it's oval only =/.

RE: Autobahn - Rasmus - 2011-12-13 20:00

How can i view this layout?

RE: Autobahn - Johan. - 2011-12-13 20:05

Load it in LFS:

Download the file
Open the LFS folder
Open the Data folder
Open the Layout folder
Paste the layout-file in that folder
Start LFS
Load the map + layout.

RE: Autobahn - Rasmus - 2011-12-13 20:08

That's what i thougt but i still seems to can't view, This..
When i chose Kyoto, I cant choise the Configuration like TC where all road are open i think that's why..

RE: Autobahn - ZsoLT - 2011-12-13 20:11

(2011-12-13 20:08)Rasmus Wrote:  That's what i thougt but i still seems to can't view, This..
When i chose Kyoto, I cant choise the Configuration like TC where all road are open i think that's why..

Press Ctrl. Smile

RE: Autobahn - Rasmus - 2011-12-13 20:23

Thanks ZsoLT. Smile

Well just tried this layout and it has nice things as the cops parking
-Which i would love to see being added on the currently layout.

But all in all i do love the currently Layout more, As what i love about Kyoto is that it is a big track and theres is many ways to take,

With this Layout you will just drive in a ring again and again and again, Not funny.

On this layout it helps that people cant go wrong way on autobahn but it takes the part that you can drive At Nothpark and The beach and so on, And also we got admin for banning the noobs going wrong side on AB, And i think almost every noob i seen going wrong on Ab got banned. Biggrin

-1 From me.

RE: Autobahn - Stevo - 2011-12-13 21:40

Can someone take a screenshot? Sounds good though.