[TC] Gaming Forums
Manual !Bust Option - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Manual !Bust Option (/showthread.php?tid=10948)

Manual !Bust Option - Jester - 2014-02-24 18:35

Hey all,

So I'm still relatively new to the server, but given the recent track change (and I had the same idea back on Kyoto), I think the server could benefit from this suggestion.

If cops had an option to manually bust suspects using !bust or similar, then they could avoid taking the hit and potentially losing the suspect if the suspect breaks server rules. This could happen in Sydney if the suspect takes the jump out of bounds, or Kyoto if the suspect goes the wrong way on the autobahn.

That kind of chase-related rule-breaking seems a little harsh to punish with a ban or a bonus-eliminating kick, but an auto-bust might be appropriate. Plus, it prevents cops from needing to do !lost if the suspect uses OOB areas during a chase or unfairly benefits from going the wrong way on the autobahn that is difficult for cops to make up (seeing as they can't go the wrong way/go OOB as well).

Just a suggestion - let me know what you think. Obviously you'd have to be careful of people abusing this, but that should be easier to deal with than dealing with the reports of people going WW on the AB during chases etc.

RE: Manual !Bust Option - Sebas - 2014-02-24 18:38

That could easily be overused by cops who can't keep up with suspects. If the cops were ever to have the chance to use !bust, Insim should ask the reason why this command was used and the person being chased should confirm said action as well.

RE: Manual !Bust Option - BP - 2014-02-24 18:41

You'll probably be opening a can of worms with this. Sure, it would be easier to enforce than other rules (possibly), but it's still extra stuff to enforce which we should try and avoid.

I think new cops would misunderstand the point of !bust and may abuse it heavily. The damage they could cause with half an hour without an admin would be insane - it's like giving regular people a !spec command (except the robber would get his stats/XP ruined. EDIT: I misphrased this - if !spec is used to a robber, they will lose their stats too but my point is, obviously with !bust, they'll always be in a chase so they'll always lose the stats/XP).

Cops would probably use it for all the wrong reasons, e.g. "He should have been busted, it was like he was stopped for 5 seconds but he was going very slow" or "He keeps wrong siding, endangering people" or generally misusing the command/being overzealous with it.

It's a clear no from me, however I understand your thinking.

RE: Manual !Bust Option - Warped - 2014-02-24 18:43

Yup, it's a fair suggestion, but as said already, it would be abused and strongly.

RE: Manual !Bust Option - Pipa - 2014-02-24 18:47

Bp has summed it up pretty well. You would only need one user to abuse it for 30mins and we are busy for days fining/refunding all the money and banning that user.

RE: Manual !Bust Option - Polete - 2014-02-24 20:42

I'm agree with BP and I also think that this is a bit the admins work, its easy as: One robber wrong sides on AB? Just try to take him or leave the chase and report him. Its a better way than give a new command for those who dont know how to use it carefully

RE: Manual !Bust Option - Olli - 2014-02-24 21:11

As said above it could cause a huge mess as new cops might be using it just for fun and ruining someones stats. It's a no also from me.

RE: Manual !Bust Option - Chuck - 2014-02-25 07:02

I'd rather take the ramp away. Takes 2 seconds, no sideeffects.

RE: Manual !Bust Option - Connor - 2014-02-25 07:20

(2014-02-25 07:02)Chuck Wrote:  I'd rather take the ramp away. Takes 2 seconds, no sideeffects.

The ramp is fun and all but that's the problem here.

+1 on Chuck there