[TC] Gaming Forums
GTR "rights" ? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: GTR "rights" ? (/showthread.php?tid=1095)

GTR "rights" ? - James - 2011-12-13 19:23

I was wondering whether it would be possible to have something like COP and TOW rights but for driving cars like the FZR, XFR etc. Its obviously going to have opposition but hear me out. This can give greater control over who can and cant drive these cars. Drivers would already have GTR rights (like TOW) when they connect to the server. Plus, if they get revoked, all they need to do is prove that they can drive one or have a certain time limit to when they can have their rights back. For example, cutting up traffic, honking their lights so traffic move/speed up which to me, is in violation of:

Quote:1.1. Respect other players.
Do not harass or abuse other players. They may be new to the game and not know the track or customs - help them, do not insult them. Always be aware other drivers may act unpredictably.

- 1.1.1 "Giving the middle finger" and similar gestures are considered abusive and will not be tolerated. (added 17-7-10)

Their license would be restricted for a week or so. When it happens, its something I find highly annoying and really puts me off going near the autobahn. Its actually not a bad track but for me, its reputation for untold GTR ignorance is really grim.

You may now rip this suggestion to shreds Tongue

Oh and just thought I would say, I am not pointing fingers. I am not saying that ALL GTR drivers are noobs either. Just those that ruin it for others.

RE: GTR "rights" ? - Kayla - 2011-12-13 23:10

I also use flashing lights or honk when i'm in a GTR and I'm passing someone sometimes. I do it to tell the people something like "Fast car coming - don't cut", so just like a warning, cause if you approach a 160km/h doing car and you go 250km/h, it's hard to brake down when they cut you.

RE: GTR "rights" ? - Josh - 2011-12-13 23:29

I think it would take a lot more than simply cutting up cars and flashing your lights to get your 'GTR rights' revoked. People do this regardless of what car they are driving - the only difference is GTRs are faster than the other cars in the server.

Repetitive crashing and sheer dangerous driving (I mean extremely dangerous) would probably constitute this, however it would be no different for someone driving an FXO. I don't see the need to discriminate against someone simply because they are driving a GTR.

We would probably restrict/kick or ban someone if their driving was so bad we needed to take action. If someone can't control a GTR, I wouldn't hold out much hope of them driving any other car.

RE: GTR "rights" ? - Chuck - 2011-12-14 07:36

The major problem with them is basically their assumption they own the left lane on the Autobahn. I'd rather forbid all GTRs on Kyoto.

RE: GTR "rights" ? - Nitros - 2011-12-14 11:35

There is a way this could be integrated into the ingame report function.

After gtr rights have been revoked, the user needs to drive a certain number of KMs with less than X user reports (ingame) to get it back automatically.

RE: GTR "rights" ? - Roba - 2011-12-14 11:37

(2011-12-14 07:36)Chuck Wrote:  The major problem with them is basically their assumption they own the left lane on the Autobahn. I'd rather forbid all GTRs on Kyoto.

That would actually be good idea..

RE: GTR "rights" ? - Clockwork - 2011-12-14 12:01

(2011-12-14 11:35)Nitros Wrote:  There is a way this could be integrated into the ingame report function.

After gtr rights have been revoked, the user needs to drive a certain number of KMs with less than X user reports (ingame) to get it back automatically.

I think that leaves it open to abuse to all those who hate GTR's to begin with.

RE: GTR "rights" ? - Kyllone - 2011-12-14 14:05

I like the idea having NO GTRs. TC is unique and good server also because of that theres no formulas or jobs or anything like that.

So +1 to Chuck.

GTRs off.

RE: GTR "rights" ? - KaraK - 2011-12-14 14:15

No, leave the GTRs there. Instead, punish the ones who can't drive them properly.
If it'd be oval only, it's a fair reason to ban the GTRs. But TC doesn't (yet?) have an oval only layout, so I say let them be.

I like the idea PP, +1 on that.

RE: GTR "rights" ? - ZsoLT - 2011-12-14 17:53

I agree with Josh. GTR don't need different rules.

RE: GTR "rights" ? - McGherkin - 2011-12-14 20:33

What hacks me off is GTR's taunting cops in normal cars.

RE: GTR "rights" ? - Fujioshi - 2011-12-14 22:56

Usually those who can't sensibly drive the GTR, either one way or another stop driving it. Can't see why you'd want to disable them on any track, since they do become helpful in chases, especially on the autobahn. I haven't actually had any incidents with gtr's, other then being taunted/tailgated.

RE: GTR "rights" ? - Turkey - 2011-12-15 13:31

I don't really see how a particular car will make the difference of someone being considerate or inconsiderate. IMO how considerate someone is depends on the person they are rather than what car they're driving. It may be the case that inconsiderate drivers like to drive GTR cars more for some reason (not saying it is) and that creates the illusion that part of the problem is the car.

I think an admin dealing with the driver accordingly would be more effective than restricting car use.