[TC] Gaming Forums
MODs - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: MODs (/showthread.php?tid=11107)

MODs - Pinkz - 2014-03-07 09:17

is there a forum just for impruvments or suggestions
if there is a forum like that here can anyone send me a link

my impruvment is tweak so people can use it but with a limit and that people could buy how much hp they could use so thats my impruvment

RE: MODs - Stephen - 2014-03-07 10:04

The TC servers don't allow the use of LFS Tweak, so I don't think it will be implemented.

However, here's the suggestions forum: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=13

RE: MODs - Warped - 2014-03-07 12:05

I think he means the same thing in the [WKD] servers, as you hit a wall, you'll lose certain amount of hitpoints..

RE: MODs - Cyanide Christ - 2014-03-07 12:31

(2014-03-07 12:05)entY Wrote:  I think he means the same thing in the [WKD] servers, as you hit a wall, you'll lose certain amount of hitpoints..

HP = Horse power, in this case

RE: MODs - Warped - 2014-03-07 12:41

(2014-03-07 12:31)Cyanide Christ Wrote:  
(2014-03-07 12:05)entY Wrote:  I think he means the same thing in the [WKD] servers, as you hit a wall, you'll lose certain amount of hitpoints..

HP = Horse power, in this case

Right, that sounds a bit more reasonable.

RE: MODs - Cola - 2014-03-07 12:52

Thread moved to appropriate forum.

RE: MODs - BP - 2014-03-07 16:15

I believe the OP means a system where you are forced to restrict your own vehicle (e.g. 5% restriction), and you can buy upgrades etc (e.g. taking it down to 4% restriction). If I remember correctly, something similar to this was actually being considered, but it was ultimately "rejected" because forcing restrictions on people would be very impractical, and people less experienced with LFS and setups would probably just give up and leave the server.

If you're talking about actual LFS Tweaks, then that would simply be a very bad idea for many reasons.

RE: MODs - Pete - 2014-03-07 16:22

Until LFS allows us to physically modify properties of setups without people having to modify them thereselves, this won't be happening.

Imagine a situation:

We have a system where we have 3 levels of car:

- Low (50% Air Intake Restriction)
- Medium (25% Air Intake Restriction)
- High (0% Air Intake Restriction)

New people to the game would have to by a low power car and would have to add the air intake restriction themselves as LFS does not have a way to automatically apply this restriction.

Until LFS allows us to restrict cars automatically by InSim, any power related update suggestions are likely to be rejected.

Please note that you can impose a restriction via InSim currently but the user has to apply the restriction manually, for the reasons outlined above, this would be an unfriendly system to new players.