[TC] Gaming Forums
New Fine - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: New Fine (/showthread.php?tid=11199)

Pages: 1 2

RE: New Fine - Luke™ - 2014-03-12 18:28

Many things are open to abuse, so we have to trust the players not to do this. If they are caught, then they can have their rights revoked, simple. I don't think the sirens would be an issue as you can only see the nearest siren to you, and even then it would help them be aware that you are there, so you can give each other room.

RE: New Fine - Ras - 2014-03-12 18:38

It could be made so COP has same rights as MED/RES while in !respond mode, meaning they would only be able to use audible siren and no visual siren.

RE: New Fine - Lewis - 2014-03-12 19:37

(2014-03-12 18:38)Ras Wrote:  It could be made so COP has same rights as MED/RES while in !respond mode, meaning they would only be able to use audible siren and no visual siren.

+1

RE: New Fine - Connor - 2014-03-12 19:39

(2014-03-12 18:38)Ras Wrote:  It could be made so COP has same rights as MED/RES while in !respond mode, meaning they would only be able to use audible siren and no visual siren.

But I swear MED/RES are allowed a visual siren when !respond(ing) as well as an audible one?

But I guess what the COP is responding to may not be serious enough for a 'Blue Light Run'.

RE: New Fine - Ras - 2014-03-12 19:42

Nope they aren't. The !siren command isn't even available to them.

RE: New Fine - Marty - 2014-03-12 20:52

So in TC Lights, I can't use the Lights function as a MED?
Didn't know that. Has never been said to me actually.

RE: New Fine - Warped - 2014-03-12 20:55

(2014-03-12 20:52)Maarten_E Wrote:  So in TC Lights, I can't use the Lights function as a MED?
Didn't know that. Has never been said to me actually.

If you are a MED and you !respond to the accident scene, you may use your audible siren (page up) and strobes (page down). MEDs don't have the visual !siren command.

RE: New Fine - Connor - 2014-03-12 21:02

(2014-03-12 19:42)Ras Wrote:  Nope they aren't. The !siren command isn't even available to them.

Oh I thought you meant a visual siren like their lights flashing! Tongue

I know they can't use !siren haha!

RE: New Fine - Marty - 2014-03-12 21:32

Ahh ok.
I have never used !siren, so I am safe. Wink

RE: New Fine - KaraK - 2014-03-12 22:47

(2014-03-12 21:32)Maarten_E Wrote:  Ahh ok.
I have never used !siren, so I am safe. Wink

You can't even use it as a MED, so you've always been safe.

As for both ideas in this thread, I think they would both add to the roleplaying aspect.
Make it so that only two cops can respond to one call, and you won't have dozens of cops driving around like mad cows.
Only audible siren sounds good as well, preserving the !siren only for chases.

RE: New Fine - Connor - 2014-03-13 07:28

(2014-03-12 22:47)KaraK Wrote:  As for both ideas in this thread, I think they would both add to the roleplaying aspect.
Make it so that only two cops can respond to one call, and you won't have dozens of cops driving around like mad cows.
Only audible siren sounds good as well, preserving the !siren only for chases.

But the COP will still be able to do the !move bind? I don't know, I think they can always use that bind no matter what the situation, am I right in saying that?

RE: New Fine - Barney - 2014-03-13 12:30

just some wild thoughts/brainstorming:
-alternate call police with danger(would allow tc lights, and horn)
-auto cancel call if caller moves over 5kph(in case he gets pushed arround)
-fine 30 bucks if caller moves over 10kph
-fine 15 bucks for cancelled call
-fine 0-30 bucks decided by officer arriving at scene
-sirens/move-bind in general not good. irl most calls are without permission for special rights(sirens etc)

that would decrease the amount of useless calls and therefore by nature increase the amount of responding calls. also the possibillity of making somme dollar encourages cops to answer.

RE: New Fine - Luke™ - 2014-03-14 16:30

I don't see any reason for the police not to use the visual siren, because if they used just the audible, no one would give way.

RE: New Fine - Chuck - 2014-03-14 16:43

But that IS the reason. They don't have priority over normal traffic. Chases have top priority, hence all the role-playing stuff must subordinate to that.

RE: New Fine - Luke™ - 2014-03-14 18:59

How about you are allowed to use visual sirens but must give way to chase and not pass them? That can easily be enforced as people can report or admins can see cops overtaking chases etc.

RE: New Fine - Frozen - 2014-03-14 21:49

Personally I dont think theres any fine needed for this.

The rule / statement which applies to !report and !complain which says " A constant abuse of this System may end up into a punishment " is what I would apply in this situation.

People who are abusing the SOS calling the police or tow, should just recieve an administrative punishment. Theres no point in involving police officers in this.

RE: New Fine - B!ll - 2014-03-15 11:56

From my perspective, "call the police" bit pointless. Before a police officer responding to this call arrives on the scene, the problem often resolves itself.

I've been thinking if it would be better to adjust the "call the police" on a similar system to that of a car sales among players.

Example: Civilian see dangerous drivers. Press SoS --- Press dangerous driver --- select Nick player who is dangerous.

The police would then she saw Nick the players, coordinates where HE IS and what he did.

When responding to call. Cop will be navigated to the actual coordinates reported player. Just like a "locator".

It could be the example, select the: Dangerous driver, Very fast speeding, Illegally parked.