[TC] Gaming Forums
New roundabout at Autobahn - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: New roundabout at Autobahn (/showthread.php?tid=11304)

Pages: 1 2

New roundabout at Autobahn - Don - 2014-03-18 09:59

In Holland we have roundabouts translated to English called Turbo Roundabouts. They are degined for roads like we have on the Autobahn. 2 big roads and 2 small roads.
The roundabouts are made to make the 2 big roads connect better and make a better traffic flow. I got some examples here.
[Image: 400px-Turbo_Roundabout.svg.png]
[Image: d3799.PNG][Image: turborotonde1jr.jpg]
And to sperate the lanes. You can use those yellow ones.
[Image: rijbaanscheiding_12.jpg]

I think this is a great solution to make it more realistic and to go faster around the roundabout. Becuase some people would like no roundabout so I think this is in the middle it's faster but still a little holdup.

Might be a bit tricky to make but I think its great once it's all setup.
Let me know what you think!

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Ash - 2014-03-18 10:55

Thats pretty much how the roundabouts work here in the UK. However there is limited space in the server for this at the roundabout and unfortunately would not be practical.

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Don - 2014-03-18 10:57

(2014-03-18 10:55)Ash Wrote:  Thats pretty much how the roundabouts work here in the UK. However there is limited space in the server for this at the roundabout and unfortunately would not be practical.

Space in the way of meters to build it in?
Or space in the way of Mb's and to much barriers to build?

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - BP - 2014-03-18 11:11

(2014-03-18 10:57)TheInsider Wrote:  
(2014-03-18 10:55)Ash Wrote:  Thats pretty much how the roundabouts work here in the UK. However there is limited space in the server for this at the roundabout and unfortunately would not be practical.

The first one I should imagine. (Not the memory) It may also take up a lot of objects which could hinder roadblocks.

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Ash - 2014-03-18 11:18

Physical space within the road, it isnt wide enough I would imagine.

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - fWANKy - 2014-03-18 11:41

(2014-03-18 11:11)BoyPower Wrote:  
(2014-03-18 10:57)TheInsider Wrote:  

The first one I should imagine. (Not the memory) It may also take up a lot of objects which could hinder roadblocks.

well since chuck used all the remaining roadblock objects on his special carpark/funarea, you don't have to worry about that.

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Don - 2014-03-18 12:34

(2014-03-18 11:18)Ash Wrote:  Physical space within the road, it isnt wide enough I would imagine.

But it's definitly worth a shot right?
Isn't it posible to just test it on some kind of test server. Chuck loves to build anyways so he can try it out Smile

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Ash - 2014-03-18 12:54

I would say it isnt worth a shot. Look at the current roundabout we have, not alot of room to move about as it is.

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Warped - 2014-03-18 13:16

The roundabout's idea is to slow down people AFAIK. With this "Turbo roundabout", could it make more crashes?

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Jimmy - 2014-03-18 14:19

(2014-03-18 13:16)entY Wrote:  The roundabout's idea is to slow down people AFAIK. With this "Turbo roundabout", could it make more crashes?

Yep, no reaction to press on brake pedal when car infront you is slowing down to acces roundabout.

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Don - 2014-03-18 14:22

(2014-03-18 13:16)entY Wrote:  The roundabout's idea is to slow down people AFAIK. With this "Turbo roundabout", could it make more crashes?

I don't think so it just increases realism by switching to the correct lane. And the roundabout still slows people down but it's just in the middle of no roundabout or a roundabout. This is a nice middleway.

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Cola - 2014-03-18 14:59

We have that here, and I can assure you those kind of roundabouts are easy to get lost in. Big -1 from me, I can't figure it out.

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Don - 2014-03-18 15:00

(2014-03-18 14:59)Cola Wrote:  We have that here, and I can assure you those kind of roundabouts are easy to get lost in. Big -1 from me, I can't figure it out.

Take the left lane to get left and straigt acros.
Take the right lane to go right and straigt acros.

Not that hard Wink
And some arows on the road will also make it easy to see.

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Don - 2014-03-18 15:48

ALSO!
This will also take drifters away from the roundabout because you can't drift around it for 2 reasons its not that round at there are those little speed bumps between the lanes that will make it harder

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Connor - 2014-03-18 15:49

I think its an alright idea at the moment. I'd like to see that on another cruise server or on a test track before implementing one on TC but for the moment its a (small) +1 from me.

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Paul - 2014-03-18 21:57

I think its a good idea!

I actually drove over this kind of roundabout not a long time ago Tongue

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Cola - 2014-03-18 22:00

I actually tried making this type of roundabout with a layout. Failed totally, also I experienced that it probably wouldn't work too well in LFS, as it would require people to drive slower to avoid being everywhere, which won't happen.

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Don - 2014-03-19 08:10

(2014-03-18 22:00)Cola Wrote:  I actually tried making this type of roundabout with a layout. Failed totally, also I experienced that it probably wouldn't work too well in LFS, as it would require people to drive slower to avoid being everywhere, which won't happen.

What if I help you building. I have a good understanding of the roundabout.

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - BMW-gek - 2014-03-19 09:47

I made one few years ago. Soon as I come home I'll post it here.

RE: New roundabout at Autobahn - Bez - 2014-03-19 13:08

+1 Need need need, to add more realistic rounabouts ect to TC. We need to swap the layouts around a bit, as we do the tracks!