[TC] Gaming Forums
Having Trouble with the Cop Software - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Help Requests & Technical Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Having Trouble with the Cop Software (/showthread.php?tid=11378)

Having Trouble with the Cop Software - JaiAE86 - 2014-03-22 18:18

Hello,

I am currently Copping a lot on the TC servers to save myself from financial ruin due to owning little more than one car.

I am familiar with TC Lights, it is a simple and efficient program which is popular among many. It favours the use of the Page UP and Page DOWN buttons to activate the siren and lights needed for action. However, recently my Page UP button broke on the keyboard, launching me into a whole world of trouble.

The damage meant I couldn't use the siren. So, naturally, I looked for alternatives. Upon heading back to the TC website I downloaded the other two available Cop programs, which allow the usage of other keys to do the necessities. 'LFS Strobe' and 'LFS Cops'. I use the latter because the first one is a bit more complicated than it should be, and yielded unfavourable results when I tried it originally. My problem is that LFS Cops is causing major problems upon being activated, essentially making it impossible to Cop on your servers.

It worked well up until about two days ago. Every time I press F12 to activate it, it seems to force down the backspace and delete any form of text. It also highlights multiple icons on my desktop and makes an irritating noise when trying to use it. The siren and lights present in the software no longer work either. Its worth noting that it switches from off and on twice a second upon turning it on originally. I don't know why, but the program seems to be conflicting with something, as though it isn't syncing with LFS, but rather my keyboard and desktop. I've tried many different buttons to turn it on and off, they work fine, but once its on it switches the button back to F12.

Its difficult to describe, but I was just wondering what my options are here. I love Copping but I'm in a situation where it is no longer possible for me. Its a shame TC Lights can't be configured to use other keys, or I would use the Page DOWN and END buttons instead.

Just wondering if anybody else is having trouble, or can enlighten me on this issue.

Smile

RE: Having Trouble with the Cop Software - Tibe - 2014-03-22 18:29

What mouse do you have? I have some extra buttons on my mouse so I use them as 'page up' and 'page down and TC lights works perfect. I hope this helped.

RE: Having Trouble with the Cop Software - Pipa - 2014-03-22 18:32

If you want to try Strobe, download strobe and open this text file:

http://pipa.lima-city.de/kits/strobepipa.txt (right click save as)

Set the horn button within lfs to "B" and it should work.

RE: Having Trouble with the Cop Software - JaiAE86 - 2014-03-22 18:39

I use a fairly standard mouse with the two click buttons and the scroll wheel.

I tried Strobe earlier, but I had the same issue as in LFS Cops. Regardless, I will give it a try Smile

EDIT: I managed to get it to work this time. I may have done something wrong in terms of the script last time. Thank you very much [TC]►Pipa◄.