[TC] Gaming Forums
Uses for MED - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Uses for MED (/showthread.php?tid=11745)

Uses for MED - kon4a - 2014-04-16 00:26

Hey guys,

tried to search for this but no useful results, so I'll just put it here:

As a new user of the servers I've noticed the fights between MEDs and TOWs as they seem to do the same thing, so I wanted to ask/suggest
if it would be possible from the InSim point of view create a MED system which would allow meds to heal the cars on the road?
So flipping/getting out stuck vehicles would be the job for TOWs and MEDs would be repairing crashed and broken cars on the go?
I read somewere that there are some issues with that, but is it really so impossible? Blushing
It would not only make more "jobs", but they would also become more useful and less fights would occur between the services...

RE: Uses for MED - Pete - 2014-04-16 00:34

There is no way to repair a single car unless it is positioned within a pit box. Allowing car reset applies to all cars in the server so that's not an option either else sneaky people could make use of the temporary ability to reset their car.

Although it's a nice idea, sadly it's not practical.

RE: Uses for MED - kon4a - 2014-04-16 16:11

(2014-04-16 00:34)Pete Wrote:  There is no way to repair a single car unless it is positioned within a pit box. Allowing car reset applies to all cars in the server so that's not an option either else sneaky people could make use of the temporary ability to reset their car.

Okay, understood. But would it be possible to like copy the pit box properties and create a "moving" object that can be placed at a car by the MED? Or maybe just create the Car Reset option a fineable offence, if you do it on your own? Like, you can reset, but it costs, for example, 5000Eur, but it is free when a MED is next to you? Somehow like the !donate function works to detect the cars that are close... and the fining could work just like shift+p when its not free pit... I literally have no idea how LFS and InSim works, I'm just throwing out some ideas Wink

RE: Uses for MED - Dan - 2014-04-16 17:10

(2014-04-16 16:11)kon4a Wrote:  
(2014-04-16 00:34)Pete Wrote:  There is no way to repair a single car unless it is positioned within a pit box. Allowing car reset applies to all cars in the server so that's not an option either else sneaky people could make use of the temporary ability to reset their car.

Okay, understood. But would it be possible to like copy the pit box properties and create a "moving" object that can be placed at a car by the MED? Or maybe just create the Car Reset option a fineable offence, if you do it on your own? Like, you can reset, but it costs, for example, 5000Eur, but it is free when a MED is next to you? Somehow like the !donate function works to detect the cars that are close... and the fining could work just like shift+p when its not free pit... I literally have no idea how LFS and InSim works, I'm just throwing out some ideas Wink

Though your ideas are very imaginative and creative, car reset is a global server function that is part of the server's configuration file, so it's either enabled or not, and that setting will be universal throughout the server.

RE: Uses for MED - kon4a - 2014-04-16 18:38

But Shift+P is also global, isn't it? Confused1 (i just assume so as it's basically the same thing) So the reset can be "allowed" at all times, but just as Shift+P, the Reset Option could have a huge fine to avoid abuse of the option (like literally a few thousands fine or smthn).
Then after a crash, When the user's position is right next to the MED, which could be seen using the same system as the !donate function uses (or any of the cops functions for Busting after chases etc.), the fine could be taken out of force for the user next to the MED.
So basically MEDs would NOT like literally heal the cars, but would just take the fine off the reset option for the car to be reset. It would still give the MEDs some more reasons to exist at all and would also help other services, like broken down cops etc.
I still don't know how the InSim works, but this way it would be all done within the InSim, so it could be done? Confused1
Sorry to bother you so much with all this, It's just me - I always try to find a solution for things Biggrin