[TC] Gaming Forums
A new fine - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: A new fine (/showthread.php?tid=11990)

Pages: 1 2

A new fine - Warped - 2014-05-01 20:33

Hello fellow police officers,

Have you ever encountered a problem when pulling over a suspect and one's friend comes beside of you? You've told one to drive away but one doesn't?

Have you ever assisted in traffic accidents by monitoring the traffic around it and seen drivers who don't do what you've told them to do?

The possible new fine would be called "Failure to co-operate" - which as the title says - one fails to co-operate with police officer's orders and commands. The fine would have two options of amount the suspect would be fined for, as the illegal parking. The amount of euros will be decided in the future if the suggestion got through.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

A fact from real world: failing to co-operate with roadside tests one may be fined a maximum amount of £1.000.

RE: A new fine - Ras - 2014-05-01 20:37

I seem to remember we used to have such a fine, something a long the lines of "Failure to obey police orders". Not sure if i'm actually correct, but i don't know why it's not there anymore if we had it in the past.

RE: A new fine - BP - 2014-05-01 20:41

(2014-05-01 20:37)Ras Wrote:  I seem to remember we used to have such a fine, something a long the lines of "Failure to obey police orders". Not sure if i'm actually correct, but i don't know why it's not there anymore if we had it in the past.
Failing to obey direction of police officer sounds somehow familiar.

RE: A new fine - Byran - 2014-05-01 20:45

Sounds like a pretty good idea, I've actually encountered this today during my game play, also they're technically obstructing an officers investigation which could also maybe come to play in the new fine area if its implemented.

RE: A new fine - Luke - 2014-05-01 21:03

I think this is a good idea, it's practical and realistic. It is quite common that people fail to co-operate with cops so it would only be sensible to fine them for it.

RE: A new fine - Haribo - 2014-05-01 21:33

This is pretty good idea.

RE: A new fine - Connor - 2014-05-01 21:38

Yeah good idea. It'll stop those friends of their's to stop meddling in police business! Tongue

RE: A new fine - Marty - 2014-05-01 21:48

But, if I am cruising with somebody, and the other one gets chased because he failed to drive on the right side of the road. He stops and the cop gives him a fine.
if I stop a few meters down the road, is my stopping to wait to recruise with that friend finable as well?

RE: A new fine - gyunter - 2014-05-01 21:54

Then tell me, what's the point in asking friend to drive away? How does it makes any sense if he keeps waiting him? In case of a chase, you'll loose 0.835325 second because of that friend standing nearby?
A fact from a real world: cops never asks a friend to drive away if i get stopped by them.

RE: A new fine - KaraK - 2014-05-01 22:18

This fine used to be here before the automatic fine system got implemented.
I'm all for reinstating it Smile

RE: A new fine - Roba - 2014-05-01 23:03

(2014-05-01 21:48)Marty Wrote:  But, if I am cruising with somebody, and the other one gets chased because he failed to drive on the right side of the road. He stops and the cop gives him a fine.
if I stop a few meters down the road, is my stopping to wait to recruise with that friend finable as well?

No, you shouldn't be, unless the cop tells you to move away from there. In that case you'd just drive a bit farther and wait for your friend over there Tongue

As for the fine, I remember having the "Failure to obey police orders" or something that way, and it was really useful. I had a situation each time I was copping that needed that fine to be used, and I'm all in for having it back. It was very useful, it's realistic, not too harsh and I don't think anyone would really mind having it there Smile

RE: A new fine - kon4a - 2014-05-02 00:27

+1 on this, I've also encountered this problem, and there were some times when the friend "waiting" for the other one just starts ramming the officers in chase to set the friend free etc. I know, that dealing with those kind of "friends" is the admin's job.

But I have a question here:
Would the fine be issued immediately, or it would require a separate chase for that? Because it would take quite a long time to issue a fine to someone messing up your chase, while still chasing the suspect, if the "friend" keeps following the chase or interfering with it.

RE: A new fine - fWANKy - 2014-05-02 00:42

(2014-05-01 21:48)Marty Wrote:  But, if I am cruising with somebody, and the other one gets chased because he failed to drive on the right side of the road. He stops and the cop gives him a fine.

you missed the point, if you the cop asks you to move away ( he has to have a valid reason though), and you don't co-operate, then he can fine you for it.

RE: A new fine - Some1 - 2014-05-02 00:47

It has been a fine around 2008, citation:
"Failure to obey direction of officer 50€"
I believe it has its reason that it has been removed, as it has huge potential of being abused and also decreases the gap between being a cop and being a admin.

I don't see a problem with parking near the person you've been cruising with, especially if it's on the grass/further down the road and you're not obstructing the cop, and if you do obstruct him we got a really nice rule that makes giving cops more power pointless:
"2.1. Do not harass police officers.

- Do not donut or drift around stationary cops.
- If a cop asks you to move away, do so and leave them to do their job.
- Do not block parked cops. They may need to drive off quickly.
"

Also if you did break the law just like the person that has been pulled over, the cop can fine you (too) for it after he has dealt with the first suspect, so it has its positive effects as well.

To the topic of managing incidents, if people start interfering with a immboilized player then it's pretty much their responsibility to be careful about it, if a player has no idea how towing works he should be told off, preferably by the victim, and if he doesn't comply it opens up the possibility to either report him or scare him off by !chasing and leaving the chase in a sensible time margin.

Also if the victim is pushed into oncoming traffic and hit it's debatable if it's the faulty tow's or oncoming traffic's fault.

RE: A new fine - Stephen - 2014-05-02 01:07

(2014-05-01 20:41)BoyPower Wrote:  
(2014-05-01 20:37)Ras Wrote:  I seem to remember we used to have such a fine, something a long the lines of "Failure to obey police orders". Not sure if i'm actually correct, but i don't know why it's not there anymore if we had it in the past.
Failing to obey direction of police officer sounds somehow familiar.

That's because there was, but as the fine list got edited, added to and sorted it must have been removed for whatever reason.

RE: A new fine - Olli - 2014-05-02 06:13

This idea gets also a +1 from me. Fine sounds realistic and would be needed.

RE: A new fine - Polete - 2014-05-02 10:58

I support it, I'd like to have this fine as when you tell someone to drive out starts to ask/argue about why they have to do it and this stuff
nice one enty

RE: A new fine - RedJohn - 2014-05-02 11:02

Why have a new fine when the rule is clear :
2.1. Do not harass police officers.
- If a cop asks you to move away, do so and leave them to do their job.
- Do not block parked cops. They may need to drive off quickly.

RE: A new fine - Warped - 2014-05-02 11:07

If I'm honest, I haven't seen people reporting nor taking action against one for not moving away. It could easy easily be dealt with a proper fine for the suspect.

RE: A new fine - Roba - 2014-05-02 11:57

Tbh reporting someone for not doing what you say seems rather harsh. I'd personally find the fine much more appropriate, and people would soon start realizing that if they don't do what the cop says, they get fined.

This could be easily abused by unexperienced cops, but there's always the refund section on the forums.

Should the fine be re-added, I'd say there should be 2 fines, 50€ and 100€, 50€ for single offence, and 100€ for repeated offence. And should this be added to the Basic Training part as a quick instruction on how to use it? Maybe.